Menopause Forum

Biweekly menstrual cycle

I am 47 years old.  My periods have been coming every two weeks for the last 3 months and are filled with clots.  They are very heavy and are lasting up to a week!  Sometimes a day or two longer!
Any ideas?  Am I starting my menopause?

A. As menopause approaches, it is common for periods to get closer together and have clots.  The best thing is to ask your doctor to do a blood test for FSH.  That is a hormone test that causes eggs to develop.  As the number of eggs gets fewer, the FSH level increases and in the process, gives doctors a marker for menopause.  It doesn
Hi there, it could be peri-menopause, but I think you might be wise to get it checked out. It could also be a polyp, a fibroid, or an ovarian cyst. Better safe than sorry.

Linda J
You could ask your doctor to get your FSH levels checked.  FSH (folicle stimulating hormone) levels start to rise during menopause becuse the ovary becomes less responsive.  Obove 20 and you are definately menopausal.