Menopause Community

If I am going to have PMS the I want my period!

I am 45 years old.  Last year there were a few times that I skipped a period having my period 60 some days apart.  I can't remember when I last had it at this point so I am going by the last time I wrote it down and that is in November.  I have been having bloating and pain and backaches when I SHOULD be getting my period but it doesn't come.  I have not experienced the pre-period frequent bowel movements that I usually do.  So I am in pain from all the bad symptoms without the benefit of the monthly cleaning out if you know what I mean.  I called my doctor and was put on medroxyprogesterone for 10 days.  I am now 14 days out after starting the meds, so 4 days after stopping and no period yet.  What happens next?  Does anyone know?  If the medroxyprogresterone doesn't work, what do they do now?  I feel there is someting wrong because I am having period symptoms and no period.  I swear I feel I have several months of bloating going on and am so afraid I will wind up in the hospital if/when bleeding ever begins.  

My first period at 12 was crazy, I was in the hospital for 5 days and lost 10 pounds.  Doctors said that there was a build up of estrogen that prevented my period from starting on time and then I lost a few months all at once.  I had to have multiple blood transfusions while in the hospital.  

I am so afraid something like that will happen to me again.  

I can't even call my doctor YET because they said bleeding anywhere from 2-7 days after stopping the medicine.  I just think is ridiculous, seriouly why didn't they just give me an abortion pill and put me out of my misery.

Anything thoughts are welcome, please I just need to talk to someone about this, I feel so alone in this.  My mom died when I was 21 so she is not here for me to talk to about this.

thank you

Jodee
Hey sorry about all the pain you've been having. Can I ask what your mom died from? Between 12 and last year have you had regular periods? Also have dr's ruled out early menopause?

So sorry to hear that you are having some much pain and discomfort, I have no advice for you but I hope you get relief soon. I am on day 53 since my last period and I have had minor cramping, a week of sore breasts in January but still nothing.
I have to say, this sounds like I could have written it.  I am 54 and the same thing is happening.  I also have gained about 8 pounds, feel and look crummy. Started hot flashes and a myriad of other menopausal symptoms AND I am taking bioidenticals.  They don't have estrogen and I think that has since dissipated, as well.  

I am miserable and don't have the money for a doctor who specializes in hormones, besides the fact that my insurance covers NONE of this.  

New symptom this morning?  I have thousands of pin ***** red dots all over my body.  I swear they were not there a few weeks ago.  Not to this magnitude.  I wish I could age gracefully, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards.....
I have some of the same symptoms as you and I am 44.  I am not an expert on perimenopause but I think since our hormones are dwindling you likely won't get that reaction again like you had when you were twelve.  I can't say that for sure but nothing for me is as intense as it was when I was younger and I had a fibroid that caused me to flood in my teens so if you have noticed that your flow is much lighter than it use to be I would think you are going to be OK.  Obviously if it turns out you do start to bleed uncontrollably then seek medical attention but I think you will probably be OK.  I would be interested to hear what you gyni thought about this.
Are you sure you aren't having an allergy reaction?
My mom died of heart disease.  She was only 59.  I am not sure when she went through menopause.