Aa
A
A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.08k Members

Menopause or what

I am 51 and had a d & c for excessive bleeding, and pain from endometrious(sp) 17 days ago.  I also had a recurring uti since July.They removed a couple of fibroids and polyps, which came back benign.  They did a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy along with the d & c.  Symptoms of uti are now gone but I have been bleeding since 5 days before the surgery, heavy at times with clotting and back pain and cramps.  They were also going to do the novasure ablation but the doctor said he tried twice and could not do it because my uterus was misshapen.  The doctor had me taking Megestrol 20mg twice a day for a month before the surgery to control the bleeding and has now increased it to 40mg twice a day for the last few days.  It has not stopped or slowed the bleeding yet, whereas when I first went on it, it stopped it for a month until 5 days prior to surgery and then it was only spotting.  Now it is heavier again.  He mentioned trying Zoladex if the Megestrol didn't work, and if that didn't work, then a hysterectomy.  Up until now, I have had regular periods and he said a couple of months ago, my hormone level suggested a couple more years of menopause.  Now he said a couple of months on zoladex might get me through menopause.  Am I missing something, or is there something else to look at?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.