Menopause Community

Missed period??

I am a 45 year old that had endometrial ablation surgery 6 or 7 years ago to help lighten my periods, They have been very regular and I have only had light spotting since then every 28 days. Last month I did not have any bleeding at all but felt cramps as if I were going to start, Nothing...I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative, My boyfriend had a vasectomy 3 years ago and completed all of his post checkups to be sure all sperm were gone...I am now 4 days past the 2nd period I should have had and nothing at all...am I peri menopausal??
One way to have a sense for when menopause will start for you is to look at when it started for your mother, and any other female relatives who've gone through it. However, it's best to consult a doctor about your own symptoms to be sure of anything.