Menopause Community

Perimenopause and Vivelle-Dot

I have been going through menapause and my last period was Jan of this year. My doctor put me on vivelle.dot 1mg in April to help me with flashes and other symptoms. Just this past month since I still have my uterus he also put me on MEDROXYPROGESTERONE 2.5 MG TAB daily. Everything was going good and then all of a sudden starting yesterday I started cramping and started bleeding, like I am back on my period. Is this something to be concerned with or what? I read about break through bleeding after menapause but since it has not been 12 months yet of no period do I start all over again.
Confirmation of menopause can only be made when there is cessation of menses for 12 months. Hence this can be your normal periods or breakthrough bleeding because you were on exogenous hormones. An examination with a gynaecologist and hormonal assay will make matters clear.
Hope this helps.