Menopause Community

Period 3 times since Dec 4

Hello!  Wanted to see if any women out there have run into this before i make and appt to see the doctor. I'm 45 yo female. Up until Dec I have had normal periods, every 28-30 days (give or take) lasting 5-7 days. Dec 4 started my cycle lasting 7 days, then I started again on Dec 24 another 7 days. Now I just got my period again yesterday Jan 7th. It seems like any other normal period that I've had.  I keep reading in these posts about thyroid issues and periods going hand in hand. Should I go to my regular pcp or to the gyno?  What type of tests should I have run? Can this be a start of perimenopause?  I'm not having nay other problems just another period...  thanks for you thoughts.
Hi Poco - I'm 44 and in the same boat as you.  I had a period in early December.  It lasted longer than usual and then I got it again around December 18 and it lasted 7 days.  Now I'm not sure which days to count to see if when my next period will come.  I think it means the change is coming on.  I've also had soaking night sweats during this time period.

B
Thanks for your comment.  I dont think i've been having hot flashes, i think I would notice.  I'm going to have blood work done just to see if anythings wrong, otherwise as long as I can take it, I'd rather let it run it's natural course, but we'll see.  Sometimes the irritability, fatigue, and mood swings can really be draining. Good luck to you.