Menopause Community

Polyps on cervix

Can someone please help me.  I had a polyp removed from my cervix yesterday.  Today I am seeing some light pink spotting.   Is this normal?  I thought the removal of the polyp would take care of it. I am to call doctors office Friday for results.   I am post menopausal and 63 years old.  Two months ago I had a D&C due to uterine lining thickening.  I also had a D&C four years ago due to a uterine polyp. I am beginning to lose faith in my gynecologist and will change to a new doctor soon.  Also, a year ago I was put on Estrace for dryness. Doctor said to use the whole dosage each time.  Well that was a mistake it caused more bleeding so I quit using it.  I know I am rambling on, sorry.  Just had enough of this spotting and light bleeding for over a year now.  Please help.  Maybe I am not yet healed from having the polyp removed yesterday.
I would think it's normal to have some bleeding after polyp removal. I'm curious how thick your lining was when you had the D&C two months ago. Also, did the cervical polyps develop after that? Otherwise, it would seem he would have removed them when you had the D&C.

I have heard of some other women who experienced light bleeding or spotting when using Estrace vaginal cream.