Menopause Community

Postmenopausal Spotting

Hi there,

70 yrs old, menopausal, having very mild caramel-colored spotting (I'd call them drops) about a month ago for a few days, then again today. Also have some cramping in my lower abdomen that started today. I am aware that I need to have this checked, but can this be normal? I also have IBS. Normal pap results less than a year ago. I do have a history of ovarian cysts, had one removed years past.

Many thanks
Hello~When post-menopausal, any type of blood, even the smallest amount, should be investigated. You definitely need to have an ultra sound to see what is going on with your ovaries and endometrial wall. Sadly, issues with the ovary do not get severe until it is too late, so, being cognoscente of the blood and seeing your gyn as soon as possible is very important.