Menopause Community

Premature Menopause

I am 33 years old. I have not had regular period for over a year and a half and haven't had a period in over 6 months. I have also had hot flashes. I had hormone levels tested last week. My follicle stimulating hormone was 88.4, Luteining hormone 35.0 and estradol was <12. From what I am reading it seems like those levels signal that I was in Premature menopause. However, when my doctor talked to me, she said all my hormone levels where normal. Is my doctor right and everything ok? Or does it look like I might be in menopause? I am thinking I may need to get a second opinion.
I'm thinking you need a second opinion to. I've just begun my searching. (I'm 26) and from what I've read so far your numbers aren't typical for your age.
Hormones fluctuate all of the time so she's likely looking at the whole picture rather than test numbers but, still...your FSH numbers sound pretty high for "normal" at this age.  

I agree with Rachel who posted above that you may need to get a second opinion if this doc cannot offer a reason for not getting a period for 6 months without a pregnancy being the cause at that age and telling you that your numbers are "normal".  Did she do an ultrasound to check to make sure that there's no ovarian cyst or polycystic ovarian syndrome?  There has to be some sort of reason why you've not had a period for that long.  It's likely all harmless but, there's a cause and that need to be looked into further for peace of mind.  

Get another opinion.  It's worth it.  I think at the least, an ultrasound is warranted here.  

Please update us as to what you do and the outcome.  :)  Best wishes!