Menopause Community

Premenopause? Perimenopause? HELP

I am 45 years old and for the past three + years I have been experiencing panic and anxiety attacks.  I feel like I am losing my mind.  I have a lot of episodes where I dont feel like myself and I feel sort of numb from everything - like a brain fog I guess.  I have had my hormones tested and everything seems to be fine.  A friend told me that when you are in perimenopause your tests come back normal becuase your hormones are constantly going up and down and that what I am experiencing is perimenopause.  I also have a Mirena IUD in place and have had two cycles this year.  Is this pre or perimenopause?  
Some amount of irritability and stress can be experienced as part of peri-menopause. But your symptoms appear to be more severe. Hence it would be best to consult a psychologist for counselling and therapy if necessary.
Take care and good luck.