Aa
A
A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.08k Members

Premenopause? Perimenopause? HELP

I am 45 years old and for the past three + years I have been experiencing panic and anxiety attacks.  I feel like I am losing my mind.  I have a lot of episodes where I dont feel like myself and I feel sort of numb from everything - like a brain fog I guess.  I have had my hormones tested and everything seems to be fine.  A friend told me that when you are in perimenopause your tests come back normal becuase your hormones are constantly going up and down and that what I am experiencing is perimenopause.  I also have a Mirena IUD in place and have had two cycles this year.  Is this pre or perimenopause?  
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
Some amount of irritability and stress can be experienced as part of peri-menopause. But your symptoms appear to be more severe. Hence it would be best to consult a psychologist for counselling and therapy if necessary.
Take care and good luck.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.