Menopause Forum

Worried about ear/jaw pain

I am a 45 yr old female.  I had a mini stroke 2 years ago.  Don't know the cause.  Also diagnosed with diabetes. High blood pressure. Since stroke I have been having irregular periods.  Usually about every 3 weeks, used to be very heavy now very light.  Lasting about 10 days.  In last year right before my period my ears hurt and I get light-headed and nauseated.  Have had teeth and ears checked, they are o.k. On meds for diabetes, blood pressure,anxiety and stroke for 2 years. Could these symptoms be hormone related?  What to do? Thanks
A.  It is difficult to say for sure if your ear pain and light-headedness are due to hormones. It is possible but unlikely. Your medical diagnoses could certainly contribute to the problems you are having and so could the medications you are taking to treat them.  If your insulin dose is a little off, it could also cause these problems to occur.  Next time you feel light headed and nauseated, check your blood sugar and your blood pressure and contact your doctor with your finding.  That information should help him/her figure it out.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
I do and my sugar is in normal range and my blood preesure is good.  I always get this way for about a week before my period.
My doctor looks at me like I am crazy.