Aa
A
A
A
Close
Menopause Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Worried about ear/jaw pain

I am a 45 yr old female.  I had a mini stroke 2 years ago.  Don't know the cause.  Also diagnosed with diabetes. High blood pressure. Since stroke I have been having irregular periods.  Usually about every 3 weeks, used to be very heavy now very light.  Lasting about 10 days.  In last year right before my period my ears hurt and I get light-headed and nauseated.  Have had teeth and ears checked, they are o.k. On meds for diabetes, blood pressure,anxiety and stroke for 2 years. Could these symptoms be hormone related?  What to do? Thanks
2 Responses
242601 tn?1217000247
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
A.  It is difficult to say for sure if your ear pain and light-headedness are due to hormones. It is possible but unlikely. Your medical diagnoses could certainly contribute to the problems you are having and so could the medications you are taking to treat them.  If your insulin dose is a little off, it could also cause these problems to occur.  Next time you feel light headed and nauseated, check your blood sugar and your blood pressure and contact your doctor with your finding.  That information should help him/her figure it out.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
I do and my sugar is in normal range and my blood preesure is good.  I always get this way for about a week before my period.
My doctor looks at me like I am crazy.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.