Menopause Community

age 30, perimenopausal symptoms, normal hormone levels

Until recently, my periods have always lasted about 6 days. For the past four months, my periods have lasted only 3-4 days. I've had numerous additional strange symptoms that sound like perimenopause: insomnia, constipation/bloating, hair loss on head, new hair growth on face, intense premenstrual cramping and lower back pain, low libido, dryer skin, and just last night I had my first night sweat. I also now have chronic dark circles under my eyes and have noticed more brown spots on my face.  

I've had a ton of different hormones tested, all of which have been within normal range, and "good" according to my doctor. My thyroid is normal. My day-2 FSH is 5.8. Normal day-2 estradiol, LH, and prolactin. Normal day-20 estradiol, progesterone, 17-OH progesterone LCMS, testosterone, and DHEA-Sulfate.

I don't know what to make of all this. Could I be entering perimenopause despite all my normal hormone results? Could this just be an age-related hormonal change that is not perimenopause? I feel like at 30, I'm too young to be experiencing all of these strange hormonal issues. Or maybe there is some underlying disease causing all of this? I've obviously already been to doctors, but they just brush me off when my test results come back normal.

I'm really distressed about what could be causing all this. Plus, the insomnia is making life miserable. Please help! : (
HI,
I can imagine your concerns, when you do not find answers to strange symptoms at a young age. It will be really difficult to answer your question online without an examination. But you can have an ultrasound done if you have not already done so, to rule out ovarian cysts. Virilising tumours of the ovary can have a similar presentation. But first of all you should learn to face the problem and relax a bit. To tackle your insomnia, meditation, counselling and medicines if necessary may be required. Consult an endocrinologist for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I am scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound soon, so hopefully that will determine whether or not there is anything anatomically wrong. Thank you again.