Aa
A
A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.08k Members

black cohosh root

Hello,,, I have been having symptoms of menopause.  
The last several weeks I have not slept well.  Been waking up sweaty during the night. Plus all day long been having rushes of misty clamy skin with a warmth through my body.  Sometimes the roots of my hair feel like they are burning up.  Plus heartburn too.
I have a bottle of Black Cohosh Root.  Thought I would try that to see if it will ease my symptoms, plus help me sleep at night.
Has anyone tried this and have success?

Thanks, Mrs.Freeze
1 Responses
It didnt work for me but i,m really sensitive to meds and over the counter stuff.I got an instant headache..or rather a whoozy heavy head feeling and even had a nose bleed..what was up with that? A girlfriend of mine said it gave her a headache to but other woman have said it works great..so i guess its just trial and error. Try it and see if it works for you.My GYN told me to take .25mg benadryl to sleep..who knew.. But she said it workks well.I havnt tried it..Also ive heard primrose oil works well. I,m just not up for trying aot of stuff because i get side effects
I would say try to cut out caffiene and sugars  and wine as best you can..it seems to make things worse for some reason for lots of woman..it makes me jittery now. Menopause .ughhhhhhhhh
I found a great forum for woman in Peri.Meno and post..You will get almost instant answers to your questions and lots of encouragment and just knowing other woman are going through the same thing just makes you feel not so quite nuts!
www.powersurge.com
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.