Menopause Community

herbal supplements vs bioidentical prog cream

Anyone ever take herbal supplements? I have been taking the GNC menopause vitapack for almost a year. Now the perimeno symptoms are getting worse as I think I may now be in the later stages of perimenopause. Anyway I just added vitex (chasteberry) 2 caps a day (about 800 mg-it's by Nature's Way), in addtion to **** Quai and Dandelion Root (for water retention).  I feel like I have all of a sudden blown up in bloating the last couple days. I was good over the holidays and have not slacked off on my workouts or my water intake. I am just so damned frustrated right now. Hoping these herbs will help. I am afraid to get on the scale at this point, so I dont think I will for a few days! And the mood swings! OMG. Anyone able to give me some advice?
You need to review your herbal medications as they do not seem to be helping you with your peri-menopausal symptoms. Also all herbal medications may not be safe over long periods of time and you need to consult a Doctor regarding them. Bloating can be because of gastritis caused by stress or may be drug induced. Supplements of primrose oil, calcium etc may help. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
thank you for the response. I am going to stop taking some of these,I decided last nite. I think it's too much. Will stick w/the multipak from GNC and the dandelion root. I will call the doctor about the vitex.