Aa
A
A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.08k Members

herbal supplements vs bioidentical prog cream

Anyone ever take herbal supplements? I have been taking the GNC menopause vitapack for almost a year. Now the perimeno symptoms are getting worse as I think I may now be in the later stages of perimenopause. Anyway I just added vitex (chasteberry) 2 caps a day (about 800 mg-it's by Nature's Way), in addtion to **** Quai and Dandelion Root (for water retention).  I feel like I have all of a sudden blown up in bloating the last couple days. I was good over the holidays and have not slacked off on my workouts or my water intake. I am just so damned frustrated right now. Hoping these herbs will help. I am afraid to get on the scale at this point, so I dont think I will for a few days! And the mood swings! OMG. Anyone able to give me some advice?
2 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
You need to review your herbal medications as they do not seem to be helping you with your peri-menopausal symptoms. Also all herbal medications may not be safe over long periods of time and you need to consult a Doctor regarding them. Bloating can be because of gastritis caused by stress or may be drug induced. Supplements of primrose oil, calcium etc may help. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
thank you for the response. I am going to stop taking some of these,I decided last nite. I think it's too much. Will stick w/the multipak from GNC and the dandelion root. I will call the doctor about the vitex.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.