Menopause Community

insomnia heart palpitations visual disturbances..normal?

After taking HRT for a year to alleviate a range of crazy menopause issues , my eyes started playing tricks on me ( migraine auras without pain and blind spots lasting an hour or so) Doctor took me off HRT as she thought I was increased stroke risk. I have been off HRT for 6 months and the insomnia ,heart palps and auras are off the chain again. I am 51 and started perimenopause around 35. Is there anyone out there with the same sort of symtons and any tips to cope with this.... I feel like I am going nuts !!!
It might not be the hormones.  Heart palpitations at menopause are often caused by caffeine.  Have you tested this by not drinking coffee and cola?
Hi Annie
Green tea is my only cafeine , could be ..
I have the heart palpitations and I eliminated caffeine weeks ago. Everyone is different.

You need a full panel done. Estrogen, Estradiol, Progesterone, DHEA, and Cortisol. All these hormones are closely related and each can convert to the other, this usually depends on the woman's body.

Were you taking natural hormones, or synthetic ones? I have been seeing a homeopathic physician, (my acupuncturist) & I have been trying all sorts of things. I have yet to get balanced, but I am feeling than before.

If the palpitations get really bad, try some magnesium. I take 1250mg every night and this helps my sleep and it helps me relax. It's the body's natural muscle relaxer.

Personally, I would find a homeopathic doc and get on some natural herbal supplements. You will be amazed at how much better you feel without all the side effects!