Menopause Community

menapause or pregnancy

hi my name is terri im 49 years old my period stopped in march then i got it in april but i was spotting for a day then it stopped and it hasent come back my doctor told me i am going through perimenpause but i dont think i am i have no signs of menapause just bloating and tired thats all i have soo i dont know what to think anymore and i cant be pregnant because im too old to have any more kids .and i didnt take a pregnancy test because i know im not pregnant i would be shocked if i was but i doubt it i have no hot flashes or anything so i dont know why i am missing my period so if anybody has any answers for me please let me know thank you terri
Hi Terri, I am not a doctor, but almost the same thing has happened to me. but it is perimenopause. perimenopause is good at mimicking your period by bloating you and making you feel crampy but no bleeding. the your body went through the motions but you did not have an egg to bleed out that's why your period did not come. i am experiencing my very first episode of this right now. i feel like you about the pregnancy test but, it wont hurt to take one. take care.
i dont feel like im pregnant or going through perimenpause but then again when i was pregnant with my 2 daughters i didnt have no morning sickness or nothing i just didnt get my period . but i heard from ppl that you have to get your period when you go through perimpause so i dont know what to believe anymore but thank you for writing back to me take care