Menopause Community

need help

I'm 20 years old, as well, and I thought this was so ridiculous when I was told, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I know it sounds crazy to go through menopause at 20, but I have more than one symptom. I have hot flashes several times a day, and during the night, and I sweat almost constantly, even using prescription strength antiperspirant . I started my period when I was 11, and until I was 18 had completely regular periods, which I know isn't completely normal for pre-teens and teenagers, but I did; I could pin it to the day, almost every month, and it only lasted 3 or 4 days at the most. I also had no real pms, and no cramps at all. A few months before I turned 19 however, I started having severe cramps. Not just minor pain, extreme pain that has kept me out of work  before. I went through extreme mood swings, and it completely stopped being regular, but it was still coming every month. Now however, 7 months from being 21, I never know when I'm going to get it. I can get it one month, and it actually lasts 2-3 weeks out of the month, then it will go away, sometimes for 3-4 months; once I didn't have it for 6 whole months. Then it will come back, and can only last maybe 3 days, sometimes there's only spotting, sometimes it is extremely heavy. Always with horrible cramps and mood swings. Lately the hot flashes and nightsweats have been coming. I also have problems urinating. I will feel like I need to use the bathroom, and I go, and nothing. Then 5 minutes later, I'm doing the same thing. I have went out to dinner with friends and have 4 bathroom breaks in an hour, an never actually able to use the bathroom, yet constantly hold onto the feeling that I need to go. This has only happened about 3 times, but that same situation has happened right before I go to bed, and I end up wetting the bed. AT 20! It's extremely embarrassing, and I don't understand what in the world is going on. I need help. I'm not on ANY medications. No birth control, nothing. I know this is long, but I didn't want to leave anything out. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
I don't have to many answers for you, but it sounds like you could use a little comforting anyway.   Have you gone back to your dr. and said these same things to him/her?  You need to KEEP after them until they help you.  You are just much to young to be having these problems.
Keep us posted!
Hi, have you gone to see your gynecologist?  You have something going on either with your hormones or possibly ovaries.  I don't think you are in peri- menopause but the doctor should be able to do some blood work to see what's going on.

I agree with Lindylou556, keep on the doctors to find out what is happening.  Don't let them pass you off just because of your age.  Have you spoken to your mother about this?  Maybe she can recommend her GYN doctor.  Oh, and start keeping a journal of your symptoms.  It'll help you and your doctor to see just how long and what exactly happens daily.

Good luck!