Menopause Community

non stop

well it all begin when i got on depo i had nonstop periods for 6 months so i got off but i continued to be on my period for 4 more months. so my doctor put me on the patch for two months to regulate my period. once i stop using the patch my non stop period has occured once again now i have been on my period for 6 weeks and im afraid that in the future when i want to have children i will not have the ability because i am always on my period. if theres any advice anyone could give me please be free to help cause my doctor keeps on saying wait it out but ive been having non stop periods for almost a year should i see a specialist
I would definitely see another doctor for a second opinion. waiting it out in my opinion is a short term suggestion. Not one given to someone who has been on their period for basically a year. That's ridiculous. I'd imagine you are anemic by now and I know from my own experience that it takes a long time to build up your iron stores in your body. I got anemic just from having 2 periods that lasted 11 weeks total. I had to take 3 iron pills a day for almost a yr. to get my iron built back up.

So yes, see another doctor...asap.