Menopause Community

outrageous mood swings

I haven't had a period in almost 10 years due to deprovera....I am almost 50 on anti-depressants and thyroid meds
WHAT CAN I DO TO CONTROL MY OUT OF CONTROL MOOD SWINGS?
Am 46 yrs old,I just went to the Dr today (7/8) for God awful mood swings. She gave me provera 2.5mg and femtrace 2.5mg. She is trying to stop my period, I suffer from serve PMS, She is hoping it will help with my mood swings. If not we will try anti-depressants. Sounds like am on the same path as you. Am really at my wits end with all this. I have lost friends and even some family members because they got tired of walking on egg shells around me! I don't know what else I can do. :|