Menopause Community

peri/menopause and GERD

Did anyone develop any digestive problems or GERD through peri/menopause?  I am 51 and in perimenopause.  Last summer, I developed GERD out of the blue.  I can't seem to get ahold of it with medication.  My GI said that digestive upset onsets aren't uncommon during these years.  Will it go away when my hormones die down?  Would HRT help me?
Do you have nausea with your symtoms because I am going through the same thing but I am very queasy.  I just came on one day and I have had it for 7 months now.
Yes, nausea is my worst symptom. It is especially bad in the morning.  I have no appetite most of the time.  I also feel some mild heartburn at times, also burping, fullness after only eating small portions and upper abdominal pressure.  I'm taking a high dose of a PPI and it doesn't seem to help much.  What are your other symptoms?  Have you been to a doctor?
Suffering myself with heartburn out of the blue. Tried it all. All pepcids do not work. On probiotics but don't see inprovement. Tried aloe juice etc etc. it's taking over my life. I also suffer from heart palpitations and anxiety. Any ideas on relief from others that work would be great