Menopause Community

swollen hands

Does anyone get swollen hands during menapause.
Yes.  My hands get swollen especially when it is warm.  Watch your salt intake.  I am in the midst of the menopause and the variety of symptoms are unnerving.  What is going to happen tomorrow?  Seems like small enjoyable tasks are a hardship.  Keeping my spirits up has been a challenge today.
Anne56
I'm permenapause and I feel like I'm going nuts. Swollen hands. The anxiety Is the worst. I'm so depressed my periods are every 24 days. Bad headaches around my period that o never used to get. I get the internal shakes. I just feel like a different person in the last 5 months.
Yep, swollen hands, ankles and calves throb after walking a few blocks - and I'm a runner! I've read its not so much salt intake (its a myth that we don't need salt, we really do, just Americans eat about 5000mg too much from processed foods) its the hormonal imbalance. B6 helps a great deal - check out the site Power Surge, there's a huge list of supplements you can take to remedy just about any of your icky symptoms.