Men's Health Community

21 Years old and having trouble getting erections...

I'm 21 and i'm having trouble getting erections. I don't always wake up with "morning wood", maybe only a third of the time. Up until recently I used to excessively watch pornography. Could this be causing it? At this age I should be able to achieve erections easily and just can't understand why I'm not getting them. I also have an odd way of masturbating/ejaculating. I do it while flaccid. Just rubbing the head of the penis with my thumb. Could this be harming me?

Could this be ED? It always seemed like a old guys issue.
Yes it is. Your artificially have sex...by yourself or watching other people have sex. Drop porn and masturbation alltogether. This will strengthen back your testosterone over time and bring you back to normal seeking a better life and real women.
Thanks. Masturbating/ejaculating flaccid: Is it uncommon? I've had phimosis (can't pull back the foreskin over the glans of the penis) so masturbating fully erect the regular way was painful so I had to improvise. Did this end up harming me? Did I kind of "train" my brain that I can be aroused while flaccid?
I've read about this.  So, yes.  You've trained your body/brain to ejaculate when flaccid and you have to untrain it.  Are you uncircumcised?  That's usually the case when a dude does this.  You need to give up masturbating completely for a while.  And when you go back, don't give in and masturbate in that same way.  The issue is that when you are with a woman this won't work.  And I assume you'd like a regular sex life at some point. So, cold turkey to readjust and don't continue this when you resume down the road.
Yes, I'm uncircumcised. Is that the solution? Just give up masturbating and the brain will automatically readjust? I have phimosis (can't pull the foreskin over the head of the penis) so I had to use a different way of masturbating. I'm scheduled for an adult circumcision at the urologist in several months.