Men's Health Community

22 with porn induced erectile dysfunction?

The first two times I tried to have sex I couldn't get an erection at all, one time was sober one drunk. Then the next girl was kind of a 3-night stand over a weekend with the only improvement being getting a half-erection and penetrating momentarily before it was too flaccid to go on.

Now, I've met the woman of my dreams, definite soul-mate and drop dead gorgeous...I ended up telling her about my past failures in intercourse and she joked it would happen with us but I was sure it wouldn't because theres a real connection with this girl, unlike the other two. And she's beautiful too, out of my league even...But sure enough the other night it was time and of course I couldn't get an erection...

I managed to get a decent halfer at first when the clothes started coming off and she grabbed around, but then it just wimped out and went away...

I've looked at internet porn since I was 12, now I'm 22, There have been times where the internet porn addiction got kind of bad, but it always mellowed out to calmer more normal routines, but always frequent. Sometimes I'd masturbate daily, multiple times daily, but then other times I'd go for a few days or so without any porn or masturbation.

Either way this girl is really cool and understanding and we talk about it openly with next to no embarrassment on my part anymore, I was going to see a doctor but then we decided it might be porn induced or psychological, and after that night I've written off all porn and I'm not masturbating again for a while.

My question I guess is was this enough for any of you? What was your porn addiction like in level of seriousness/frequency?

I'm hoping just abstaining from any kind of porn or sexual release for a while and only allowing myself to get off with her will work...If not I'll be crazy bummed...but I guess I'd go to a doctor...I'm just hoping porn has Temporarily (hopefully very temporarily) given me this problem and its on its way out very soon.

Any help or anything at all is appreciated, its kind of hard to talk about this stuff openly with your friends or "the dudes" and my girlfriend isn't knowledgeable or experienced in this...
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Thanks for both of your advise. Now I am able to intercouse with my wife, she enjoyed it. It lasts more than 30 minutes. But now I found I struggle to ejaculte on time and left unsatisfied. Is this delayed ejaculation problem? Still its a part of a Porn induced one.I dont know what I need to do. How long it would take for complete recovery..Please respond me soon..
porn related sexual problems are on a spectrum. ED is at the far end of the spectrum - the final step reflecting brain changes. So yes delayed ejaclation means your brain hasn't fully recovered.
Thanks Palpateit, But how many another day I have wait for a fully recovery. Is Delayed ejaculation the final phase in of rebooting process?
Please or to view.
Hello All ,Its very mind changing words put on this blog .It created big impact on me .I will say no to porn and mastrubation from today let us see

Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Today iam unable to control my sex desire .I couldn't find decent girl too i was watching porn and heavily MASTRUBATED.Again fall in ditch .Ok lt me count from today before next peak of my desire i should get ready with a girl say no porn no mastrubation
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Also sorry for my bad english....I'm Greek :P
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I'm 20, and it was about a year ago I split up from a 3 and half year relationship. Since then I've tried (and failed) to sleep with 3 other girls, all of which have been when I've been drunk and I couldn't get it up. At first I thought it was just the drink, but over christmas just gone I slept with my ex a few times, one of the times I was very drunk, but had no problems at all. Since then I've tried to have sex sober with another new girl, and the same problem has occured. The problem is it took me nearly a year with my ex to finally have sex properly with her, and now I'm desperate for that not to happen again as I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment, but of course would still like to be having sex.

I've read all sorts on ED and was left feeling confused as I know I'm not depressed or feel nervous when I go to have sex with another girl. It was only today I found this forum and am so encouraged by the amount of people out there who believe their problems could be down to internet porn. I have been masturbating almost daily over porn since I was about 14, except for when I was having regular sex with my ex. Since we split I'd never even considered porn as being the issue, but actually having read this, I'd admit I'm probably addicted and unfortunately a real naked girl (except my ex) just hasn't done it for me lately. It's definitely a control issue, with porn you're in control, with my ex I knew what she likes and that's why it wasn't an issue with her. I'm going to give up porn starting today and for as long as it takes to get through this, as good sex is a million times better than any **** I've ever had! Well done to everyone who has managed to work through it and I'm hoping the same will happen to me. Thanks a lot.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Hey Guys......Since we come here and post and talk about our progress.....maybe we should create a room for ourselves and actually become friends....maybe get to know one another....like a Rehab Center......where people not only get cured for their addiction....but by sharing the same experience they get to know one another deeply and close up....and actually some become best friends after they are done......believe me when i tell you....that a big part of our life wrecking habit comes from loneliness....not surrounded by friends, living alone maybe, alot of reasons come to my head....mine is the fact that i have lived alone for 8 years......and not to brag about myself alot...i am a sociable , interactive person , but people have sadly become so shallow and inconsiderate and nasty to each other...so at the end of the day....i decide that being alone is better than being with someone who will actually get me down instead of lift me up ........My Suggestion is....Maybe we should all introduce ourselves to each other....maybe add one another to our Facebooks.....post on each others walls....Laugh together....make time for each other....Help Support one another through our life changing phase.......this Comment may seem silly to some of u here im sure....but i only dream of being happy by killing this addiction we all have and i think together we might have a Big Chance. Thank You .........
Hey, is it fine to recall having sex with girlfriend in the progress of rebooting? Would it slow down my progress? Thanks in advance..
Please or to view.
Great post. I had a similar issue which I resolved by taking l-Argonne on a regular basis. It is a non prescription supplement you get in any drug store and helps with all round health. For ED you may need to up your dose but once your confidence builds you can stop altogether. It's a good thing to have as a back up plan but still good for you and inexpensive.

Good luck
L-arginine (typo)
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
It happens to the best of us. I had a one night stand with this gorgeous woman and I got it up for a minute. I think it was the mental block from using a condom. But then it happened when I didn't. Too much porn and not enough confidence. That fear of not performing makes you not perform. After you get thru that .... Then you can knock her boots . I know it's been 4 yeas since this thread started but still the issue comes up time to time. Less porn and build up ego. That's the answer.
go where?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
my partner has ed we think due to his porn use prior to meeting its been over 8 months and still a struggle sometimes to have regular sex from a womans point of view this problem is demoralising and frustrating and confusing makes you feel like walking away.a truly horrible problem with no quick fix
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Look I'm a woman an I know just how hurtful a woman gets when her man is addicted to porn on internet. Makes a woman feel worthless and like she has done something wrong and all she wants is to be loves truthfully and all of you heart and soul!!!!
A related discussion, will i ever get hard again without looking at porn?? was started.
here you go
http://manhood101.com/principles101.pdf