22 with porn induced erectile dysfunction?
The first two times I tried to have sex I couldn't get an erection at all, one time was sober one drunk. Then the next girl was kind of a 3-night stand over a weekend with the only improvement being getting a half-erection and penetrating momentarily before it was too flaccid to go on.

Now, I've met the woman of my dreams, definite soul-mate and drop dead gorgeous...I ended up telling her about my past failures in intercourse and she joked it would happen with us but I was sure it wouldn't because theres a real connection with this girl, unlike the other two. And she's beautiful too, out of my league even...But sure enough the other night it was time and of course I couldn't get an erection...

I managed to get a decent halfer at first when the clothes started coming off and she grabbed around, but then it just wimped out and went away...

I've looked at internet porn since I was 12, now I'm 22, There have been times where the internet porn addiction got kind of bad, but it always mellowed out to calmer more normal routines, but always frequent. Sometimes I'd masturbate daily, multiple times daily, but then other times I'd go for a few days or so without any porn or masturbation.

Either way this girl is really cool and understanding and we talk about it openly with next to no embarrassment on my part anymore, I was going to see a doctor but then we decided it might be porn induced or psychological, and after that night I've written off all porn and I'm not masturbating again for a while.

My question I guess is was this enough for any of you? What was your porn addiction like in level of seriousness/frequency?

I'm hoping just abstaining from any kind of porn or sexual release for a while and only allowing myself to get off with her will work...If not I'll be crazy bummed...but I guess I'd go to a doctor...I'm just hoping porn has Temporarily (hopefully very temporarily) given me this problem and its on its way out very soon.

Any help or anything at all is appreciated, its kind of hard to talk about this stuff openly with your friends or "the dudes" and my girlfriend isn't knowledgeable or experienced in this...
Please see my question under "Loss of arousal before sex". I'm 34 years old and did watch porn a lot.
any updates?

anyone else overcome this?
I am a 59 year old male and about 18 months ago had TURP surgery (no cancer just enlargement)and since then my erections are only half-assed.    I have tried all three of the ed meds and just started on Viagra.    I have a hard time getting a decent erection so I and my wife to be can have intercourse, and more times than not it doesn't last.    What can I do?   I find this very depressing.  She says it isn't a big deal, but to me intamacy in marriage is very important.   Is a pump a possible solution as I am going to go back to see my urologist.   I have not had a Testosterone test and that may be part of the issue - Low T....help....getting married in less than a week.
Thank you all so much for posting your experiences, I have had the same experience with watching porn and the continuous masturbation for like over 13 years. Previously I was a virgin up to the age of 23, when I first tried to have sex and couldnt keep it up it's like I just lost interest. Spontaneous erections were a thing of the past but I however could get them while watching porn. To remain hard I had to keep stimulating myself and I even found that regular porn was gettin boring. I recently tried to stop watching porn and I realised a vast difference. Porn does desensitise you and when you get to the real thing it isnt as facinating.
I think masturbation is good in moderation, but masturbation and porn is dangerous in the long run. Thing is I only really realised this from reading all your experiences thank you so much for sharing and I am planning to stop the porn all together.
I'm 19 and went through the exact same thing. I've been in the position of feeling hopeless or wondering if anything will work; however, I'd like to make a few recommendations that have helped me:
1. Stop watching porn (occasional masturbation is fine, but the use of porn while doing so is counterproductive; if you retrain your mind to get hard without watching porn, you'd be shocked at how much it will improve your erections while with women in person).
2. If you masturbate, use lighter touching and stimulation; after I watched porn for 7 years, I didn't realize how rough I was on myself until I started to take a break here and there.
3. Be patient; it took me one month of not watching porn for my mind to start returning to normal and to have stimulation without watching hardcore porn; another two weeks before I started to notice my erections improving (Well worth the wait).
4. Relax; if you only think about not getting an erection, you won't get an erection. Try to masturbate when you are feeling relaxed and bored, not as a way to cope with stress; doing so is only going to perpetuate a sense of hopelessness.

Hope this helps guys.
Hi guys,
Same story. 100%. Went to see a urologist and everything, thought there was something wrong with me. Levels were fine, I'm really healthy, exercise loads, generally feel very good about my physical appearance, however maybe a few of you also suffer from a slight lack of self esteem? No good reason for it, maybe a thing from my childhood. Who knows. I think it's a factor for me.
Anyway I never really managed to have proper free flowing sex with a girl until recently (I'm 30).
Thought I'd share a couple of things that helped me:
Very nice girl I was dating, was having trouble with the whole staying hard shabang... well I abstinated from watching porn and didnt masturbate for over a week until the next time I saw her, and popped half a viagra when we got back to my place. I was like a flippin raging bull. Afterwards it really gave me much more confidence around her and next time I saw her I didnt need anything and we had a great time again. You dont want to get dependent on it, but if you have self-control, as a confidence booster I think it's a winner.
Also if you are having trouble getting off from sex I would also recommend shopping online for some special ultra thin condoms, they really help - I'm so proud of the beauties I found via my research that I almost look forward to slipping one on now rather than fiddling around with the packet in a very moment-killing way.
Hope this helps guys, by the way I am never watching that scourgeful porn ever again (although there are still some scorching scenes in my head that I doubt will ever leave me).
Good luck
I was getting really frustrated thinking that no one was going through what I am going through right now - you all have NO IDEA how reassuring this thread is.

I'm a healthy attractive 24 year old male and have been masturbating and watching porn since I was 11 or 12. I'm a pastor's son so sex was always taboo, and spent my early adolescence developing this horrible habit of repression through pornography.

I lost my virginity at 17 but never got a chance to really overcome my problem. The first time I tried to have sex NOTHING happened. I had no idea why. Then it happened with the next girl, and the next, and the next, all the way to the present when its still happening. I did make small strides with each girl, but have only really had complete sex once.

I decided to see a sex therapist who told me the same things: stop watching porn, use lube so my grip isnt as tight, start fantasizing instead of being visually stimulated. I believe that it just takes extreme mental toughness to overcome this - to first change your habit, and then when it comes down to sex to be totally comfortable and not dwelling on the past.

Sometimes I feel like failure is so ingrained in my sexual past, that it's impossible not to expect it. But seriously this thread has motivated me and like others have said, no matter how long it takes you can't let it beat you because the reward is worth it.

If anyone has any progress or more tips please post, and hopefully my next post will be after succeeding.
I'm 27 and I started having problems a couple years ago.  I narrowed it down to smoking and porn, as everything else in my body was perfectly healthy.

At first I could only have sex with the help of the pill, but then after maybe 1-2 months of no smoking/nicotine patches and no porn I managed to not need it, and haven't used it ever since.

I'm not totally sure what the exact reason was, but I'm damned sure that using the nicotine patches to quit coupled with an intense desire to have normal sex again was at least a part of it, and getting away from the porn as well.

Getting away from porn was actually more difficult, as I've caved into that more than smoking over the past 8 months.  I'd recommend keeping your hands away from your jimmie unless necessary.  It helped me reduce my urges a lot, and it makes perfect sense that if you're just sitting around and you got your hand down there eventually you're gonna be stimulated.

I will admit that I masturbated, but without the porn and with try to not constantly have my hands grabbing my **** I kept it down to a few times a week instead of a few times a day.

Anyways, hope this helps.  There's definitely hope, even if you feel like you're screwed.  I made the changes in my life, gave them time to develop (you know, actually, maybe it took 3 months to actually kick in) and now I'm perfectly healthy from a sexual standpoint, and my girlfriend's loving it.  Don't give up, things can only get better from here on out if you make the effort.
I haven't watched any porn since my last post and have masturbated only occasionally, while using my imagination.

I took a 5mg Cialis the other night (even though I was pretty confident that I didn't need it) when I was hanging out with my fb and it actually worked.

After just that one time I'm getting more morning wood and spontaneous erections.

No matter how difficult it might seem, just know that you're on the right track if you put in the effort, but most of all you have to WANT to succeed. If the will is strong then you will definitely get what you want.

Good luck everyone!
I am 46 years old.  I have been with my wife since I was 17.  Sex has always been No issue for me.  I could have sex anytime I wanted.  Well in the last three time I could not finish and I have notice that my erections have not been has hard for a while.   Having two kids has been a challenge and because my wife and I can not get together I just masturbated.   I have been looking at porn since I was 13. I have been looking and much more graphic for a while.  So after reading this post I will delete my porn collection and stop watching porn and see if it helps out.   I will try to post back...

TroubledJohnson
Very similar problem, but I'll throw another wrinkle in there. I am the same, have no problem masturbating to porno, but when I have a girl in my bed nothing works. For example, last night I had dinner with a very attractive girl then came back and was making out with her and I was aroused. Next thing you know we get down to business and NOTHING. I was mortified and the girl could tell so in turn she was weirded out. Now I have on occasion gone to the massage parlor and guess what NO PROBLEM there. It's almost as if I have completely disconnected sex from real life. What happened last night also came after 10 days of no porn and no masturbation.

I am absolutely terrified I will be dealing with this for the rest of my life. I realize 99% of it is me just dwelling on it in the moment, but I cant get my head past it. I guess pills are an option, but I fear becoming reliant on them. I am really scared and embarrassed. The worst part is the fear and shame just build up in my head so when the opportunity presents itself that's all I can think about.

I don't even think porn is the problem at this point. While I'm sure it doesn't help I really think it all comes down to me being so focused on the problem. I am almost in tears about this it has gotten me so upset. Good luck to everyone including myself!
I was in the same boat as most everyone here.  I became hooked on internet porn and was unable to keep an erection when attempting intercourse with an actual woman.  This shocked me into stopping my daily porn/masturbation cold turkey, as I knew that sex with a real woman was no longer a big enough kick to get me excited.  After a week of cold turkey I tried again with her and another no go.  I faked a bad headache and went home.  One week later, after almost 3 weeks of zero porn/masturbation, I felt that this was going to possibly be my last chance with this woman.  I was really stressing out.  I was really expecting that going cold turkey this long would leave me horny as hell, but actually I felt just the opposite - like I just wasn't interested any more.  Maybe my libido was shot.  Anyway, the morning of the big day I started fantasizing about having sex with this woman - like we were really doing it, what it would actually feel like.  I felt the old juice coming back if you know what I mean.  I worked on it throughout the day.  I was still nervous that night, but I'd built my desire for her and when the time came I was really wanting her (not some DDD porn star) - and I performed!

Needless to say, I'm totally done with porn and I have to say that I don't seem to miss it at all.  Just get that **** out of your life!    
Hey guys, turns out all my sex drive issues that I mentioned above were  not actually related to the drug propecia.

They were related to porn abuse. I became highly desensitized to porn since I watched it so constantly for so many years. I've now been battling to quit watching porn. But now my sex drive is progressively recovering.
Hey guys,

Man, this is a crazy thread!  I can totally relate to all this stuff.  I went through the same process at age 24 (now I'm 27).  I searched through tons of health books, seminars, spiritual healers, psychological programs, etc.  And I did find a few things that actually worked!  Believe it or not but I had to go to the Eastern world to find it, particularly in a philosophical/spiritual/medicinal culture called Taoism.  

Taoism includes many exercises that help you to empower your sexual energy and improve, not only your performance, but also your mindset and your pleasure with regards to sex.

There is one exercise in particular that is very powerful and easy to do.  I ended up compiling everything that I found and experienced into an ebook on my blog that any guy can download for free (I really want to share this with as many guys as possible since its THAT important).

The book goes into why porn actually screws us guys up psychologically, and then covers nutrition/exercises/mindsets that help to overcome it and break free, so that you have a better sex life. I also give the specific step-by-step instructions for the taoist exercise that you can use to stimulate your sex drive and increase your sexual power and function.  

The link to access the ebook is here:  http://www.yangtown.com/ebooks/revive-your-sex-drive-free-taoist-sexual-energy-techniques-ebook/

You do have to enter your email to access the book, mainly because I want to follow up with you about doing the exercises and share with you new discoveries about this topic as I find them.  I am still researching this topic everyday and training with a toaist sexual health practitioner from Hawaii to overcome this condition.  I plan on writing a second follow up ebook soon that goes into my latest discoveries.  

Anyway, I hope this can be a powerful resource for you guys.  Let me know if you have any questions about anything in there or if there are any other things I may be able to help you with.  

Ryan
Oh btw, here is a link that should be clickable for that ebook:
Revive your Sex Drive - free eBook of Taoist Sexual Exercises for Impotence and Erectile Dysfunction
Wow! I have never been able to relate to someone with my problem until now! I've never had problems with getting girls I just always had problems when it came to sex. I had a girlfriend when i was 14-16 years old and I used to be able to have sex with her anytime i wanted. Then after that I didn't have another chance to have sex til i was 18. In the mean time i spent alot of time watching porn, getting more and more intense as time passed. At 18 i found a new girlfriend. We tried again and again with no sucess. Sadly I even broke up with her because I simply couldnt get arroused during sex even though i knew she was hott. After that I tried having sex with a number of girls all without sucess. (This is when i realized the problem was me not the girl). Last summer i went out with another girl who i knew wasnt going to turn into anything but she was gorgous. We tried to have sex alott and i could only achieve an erection for 5 or 10 mins at most if i was lucky. She was very understanding of my problems and used to make excuses for me like i was too drunk or i had a physical problem but i knew none of those were the case. I would really become depressed when we tried again and again and nothing would happen. I mean if i couldnt get it up for a girl like this i thought i never would be able to.  I'm now 20 years old and I've had so many embaressing moments i couldnt tell you. I truley believe my problems are because my **** and mind are just used to watching porn and my own hand. After reading this and realizing you all are going through the same problem as me and some of you have had sucess after stoping ive decided I'm going to stop watching porn altogether and try as hard as i can to masterbate a little as possible.  I really hope this works!
Bro I'm 22 and I think I got the same probably...with porn I'm rock hard but my gorgeous gf its like sometimes...and even then its usually only halfway...I never had this problem before...I think its a confidence issue...I'm not exactly sure how to fix it
Ulyou guys are all awesome I've been reading your stories just on the first couple pages very enthused
when i was 16 - 18 i use to pound woman pretty good. i never use to masturbate that much using porn since i had a one room apartment with my old parents. from 18 - 20 we moved into a bigger house and i had my own room + i went into this gamer mode and didn't really bother trying to get some.  when i stopped gaming and went out again i had few one night stand here and there( or a few night stand with the same girl) all failed. i thought it was just me getting back into the game and it was gonna take a while. than i got locked down with a girlfriend(whos very understanding) and i started to realize that the problem was much more than that. I started to do research online and tried to traced back the history of my past. At first i thought it was the esctacy but it they said the erectile dysfunctions are not suppose to last months. (plus im not a heave user.) Ive quitted estacy for 5 months and at first it was showing result but sometimes id definitely failed. than i started to think its the psycological SO I TESTED OUT. IF I DID NOT WATCH PORN FOR FEW DAYS AND THAN HAVE SEX IT WOULD BE OKAY (THOUGH NOT AT MY PRIME) lets say if i watch porn and masturbated in the afternoon and try to have sex 3 - 4 hours after it would be a failed. i decided to never watch porn again. though i recommend you do close your eyes and masturbate imagining your girl friend doing what you want her to do. and keep yourself healthy stay away from too much electronics especially tv and computers. there are excercise that is suppose to make your penis a little bit better. i think the most important thing is close your eyes masturbate and imagine whoever you wanna imagine instead of watching porn. our mind is a powerful tool, im going to trick it back to the way it was.
Use my test on yourself and also the solution i have presented. plz get back to me so we all can benefit on how to fix this problem