Men's Health Community

22 with porn induced erectile dysfunction?

The first two times I tried to have sex I couldn't get an erection at all, one time was sober one drunk. Then the next girl was kind of a 3-night stand over a weekend with the only improvement being getting a half-erection and penetrating momentarily before it was too flaccid to go on.

Now, I've met the woman of my dreams, definite soul-mate and drop dead gorgeous...I ended up telling her about my past failures in intercourse and she joked it would happen with us but I was sure it wouldn't because theres a real connection with this girl, unlike the other two. And she's beautiful too, out of my league even...But sure enough the other night it was time and of course I couldn't get an erection...

I managed to get a decent halfer at first when the clothes started coming off and she grabbed around, but then it just wimped out and went away...

I've looked at internet porn since I was 12, now I'm 22, There have been times where the internet porn addiction got kind of bad, but it always mellowed out to calmer more normal routines, but always frequent. Sometimes I'd masturbate daily, multiple times daily, but then other times I'd go for a few days or so without any porn or masturbation.

Either way this girl is really cool and understanding and we talk about it openly with next to no embarrassment on my part anymore, I was going to see a doctor but then we decided it might be porn induced or psychological, and after that night I've written off all porn and I'm not masturbating again for a while.

My question I guess is was this enough for any of you? What was your porn addiction like in level of seriousness/frequency?

I'm hoping just abstaining from any kind of porn or sexual release for a while and only allowing myself to get off with her will work...If not I'll be crazy bummed...but I guess I'd go to a doctor...I'm just hoping porn has Temporarily (hopefully very temporarily) given me this problem and its on its way out very soon.

Any help or anything at all is appreciated, its kind of hard to talk about this stuff openly with your friends or "the dudes" and my girlfriend isn't knowledgeable or experienced in this...
Please see my question under "Loss of arousal before sex". I'm 34 years old and did watch porn a lot.
any updates?

anyone else overcome this?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Hey guys, turns out all my sex drive issues that I mentioned above were  not actually related to the drug propecia.

They were related to porn abuse. I became highly desensitized to porn since I watched it so constantly for so many years. I've now been battling to quit watching porn. But now my sex drive is progressively recovering.
Please or to view.
Oh btw, here is a link that should be clickable for that ebook:
Revive your Sex Drive - free eBook of Taoist Sexual Exercises for Impotence and Erectile Dysfunction
Please or to view.
Bro I'm 22 and I think I got the same probably...with porn I'm rock hard but my gorgeous gf its like sometimes...and even then its usually only halfway...I never had this problem before...I think its a confidence issue...I'm not exactly sure how to fix it
Ulyou guys are all awesome I've been reading your stories just on the first couple pages very enthused
Please or to view.
Use my test on yourself and also the solution i have presented. plz get back to me so we all can benefit on how to fix this problem