Men's Health Community

Bladder Infection or Bacterial infection??

Hello, my name is Chris & I'm a healthy 29yr. old male dealing with what I believe is a Bladder Infection. So this all started off like four months ago. I was peeing a lot, burning when I peed, no discharge, lower back pain, lower abdomen pain & also a itch inside the penis. My family doctor did a urine sample on me & he said the sample came back with a bit of an infection, so he gave me a antibiotic but I can't remember the name, & said to take it for five days. Well, I did that & it was still lingering around, went back & this time he gave me Cipro & said to take it 2X's a day for 14 days. Well I did that & went back for a third visit, same thing, did another urine sample & said their seemed to be a little stubborn infection still their & game me four pills of Zithromax & that worked for like five days then it came back. My doctor was worried about Kidney & Bladder stones, so he sent me to a referral to get a CT Scan, also checked me below for anything else. Well a few weeks ago, I went to get my CT Scan on my kidneys & bladder, i came back clear but said I had a mild case of Diverticulitis (WOW). Well I went to to the Urologist Wed, he checked my testicles & penis, also did another urine sample & said the culture did not grow anything. I told him I had been drinking water & taking cranberry extract pills as well. The Urologist said he said it is probably just a stubborn case of Bladder issues that will probably have to heal over time, but I'm getting sick & tired of this issue & want my regular life back, if anybody has any answers, please send me a message or leave comments here. I need help. I have been told it is Candida which can cause itching in the penis. I need help please. I have been tested for everything under the sun... Now I have mouth ulcers, Is this just stress from freaking out, please I need help!
Hi Jesus and sorry your going through this. Im not sure how much more help you can get here as you have be diagnosed by mulitple specialists. Sometimes, as they mentioned, these are stubborn things to get rid of as the bladder and the uratic system all dispose of waste which often times contain bacteria. Some peoples immunes systems are stronger than others fighting off such things.
I assume you were tested for STD's
I was tested for those as well as examined. I need some relief because im going on a cruise next month.
Have your doctor considered chronic prostatitis as a possible diagnosis in your case, did the scan include prostate? From your symptoms, it could also be a case of prostatitis, you can Google and get more information. As already mentioned above, if your profession involves a lot sitting or travel on two wheeled vehicles, horses etc, inflammation of the prostate without bacteria is a possibility and in such cases, exercises for relaxation of pelvic muscles and increased blood flow to pelvic organs would solve the problem. If you do not get a proper solution from your doctors, you may consult a physiotherapist.
Since you have already done tests and taken medications for bacterial infection without any results, it is more likely to be a case of prostate inflation without infection.

Solace

Scan did not result in prostate check just bladder & kidneys. I have been told if it was anything worse or life threatening they would have done more testing. Is there herbs I can treat this with?
   With herbs it is generally a case of a blindman's shot. When better diagnostic facilities are available, you should always first findout what is causing these symptoms. With the symptoms you have mentioned, prostate examination by ultrasound is very important, if you Google for 'Prostatitis' you would get a lot of details.

Solace