Men's Health Community

Bladder/Prostate

Lately whenever I hold my bladder or I feel as if i need to pee I develop a soreness right under my bladder like something heavy is sitting there. Shortly after urinating that feeling goes away. Is this coming from a weak bladder or what?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you having any other symptoms, like burning during urination? I'm wondering if you may have a bladder infection. It sounds like you need to see your Dr to find out what's going on.
No i'm not having any other symptoms and I have already had my urine tested to rule out any possible infections.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you seeing a Urologist? It sounds like it might be time to see one. They can test your bladder to see if weakness is the problem.

I hope this helps,

Most symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia appear gradually. Complaint expression is not directly related to the degree of enlargement of the gland. Sometimes the background of significantly increased size of the prostate gland may be absent of complaints. Most symptoms of BPH are caused by pressing the urethra and bladder changes. The most common are:

- Difficulty urinating

- Difficult "start" of urination

- Weak, shaky, disjointed stream of urine current

- Reduced urine flow current

- Frequent urge to urinate and frequent urination, especially at night

- Separation of drops of urine after it has completed the act of urination

Sometimes a man does not suspect that he suffers from compression of the urethra to the point where he turns completely unable to urinate. This condition is called acute retention of urine and can be provoked by administration of medicines against cold or allergy. These drugs often contain sympathomimetics, which as a side effect prevent the relaxation and emptying of the bladder. When there is a partial reduction in the opening of the urethra, such a complete stop in urinary current can be caused by alcohol use, low temperatures and long periods of immobilization.
Usually in most cases these complaints by urination are due to benign prostatic hyperplasia. These complaints, however, can be symptoms of other diseases of the prostate and bladder from inflammatory or malignant character. This requires clarification by the doctor.
Advanced benign prostatic hyperplasia can cause other serious grievances with increasing time.
Urinary retention and bladder overexpansion predispose to urinary infections, injury to bladder, kidney stone formation, bladder incontinence (inability to hold urine) and others. If the bladder is severely damaged, the treatment of prostatic hyperplasia may be ineffective. When discovered at an early stage timely treatment reduces the risk of such complications to “small”.