Blood Pressure

My blood pressure has been 150/95.  My Doc put me on Atenolol 50mg and it did not do any good but it made my heart rate 53-60. Then my doctor said to double up on the Atenolol and take 2 pills a day which I did not want to do but I did it anyway and still no improvement.  I am now on Avapro 150mg and my blood pressure is 118/74 but my heart rate is 98 BPM.  It scares the **** out of me at night.  I have been on this for 2 days and I haven't slept.  It feels like I am running a race.  In addition I have no sexual desire and cannot get an erection is this normal? should I wait a few days or a week to see the results or what?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
hey Don4-
I got put on Avapro - only 150mg a day - and my libido has dropped and I can't get an erection either.  It is freaking horrible.  I'm only 30 years old.  I have searched the internet and there is nowhere that says that type of drug causes these side effects but I'm convinced that it is.  About to call my doctor and tell him I'm done taking it.  Was your sex drive normal before?  How convinced are you that its the Avapro?