Men's Health Community

Burst blood vessel in penis glans?

It appears that I may have had a burst blood vessel or something on the head of my penis, just to the right of the urethra opening near the right glans. If I leave myself alone for a few days or more it gradually begins to clear up but it can be hard to control night time erections and it's the erections that appear to be stopping whatever this is healing completely.

This first appeared about a month ago, and my wife and I haven't had sex in that time (for various reasons). Anyway, wife and I had sex for the first time about 5 days ago and straight after it returned. Whatever it is, it's clearly caused by the increased blood flow when I get an erection but I'm not sure whether to be really concerned or not. I saw a nurse consultant (my usual GP wasn't available) but she wasn't totally clear on what it could be, other than she thinks there is increased blood flow to the glans. She also advised me to avoid taking aspirin, as I'd taken a couple on Thursday and Friday last week.

Any thoughts? Also, if possible (I'm new to this site), I can provide pictures for a better assessment. Thanks again.