Men's Health Community

Can an ingrown hair cause a skin tag?

Over a year ago I noticed (what I thought were) two ingrown hairs in my pubic region, one just below the shaft of my penis and the other about 2 inches away near my left leg. From memory they were sore like an ingrown hair and I left them to heal on their own as I suffer from ingrown hairs quite frequently. However, after always blowing them off as a bump from the ingrown hair that never healed, I had a proper look at them for the first time and they look very like warts. They are very dark in appearance (I'm dark skinned) and seem to have cauliflowered. Over the past year they have not spread to anywhere else nor do I have any on my actual penis.
Is it possible that the infected ingrown hairs developed into skin tags over the past year?
Many thanks.