Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.1k Members

Can handshake transmit virus

I was in a supermarket and a pimp shook my hand. In 1 minute I immediately applied my dettol hand sanatizer (containing alcohol denat) on my hand. When I came home I thoroughly washed my hand with antibaterial handwash.
I would want to know is there any risk of me being infected with any sexual virus such hepatitis hpv or herpes????Because right after washing my hand's I had lunch and I used my hands for the meal.
1 Responses
sounds to me like you are OCD I know this because I have the same thoughts. I done my research no hands do not transmit virus unless he had a open cut on his hand and it was bleeding a lot of blood and you had a open cut on your hand and you both where holding hands for a long period of time with blood then yes. Other then that no serious virus can be transmitted threw a handshake. You could probably get a cold or flu. But that’s about it
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1530732573
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.