Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.8k Members

Chest Pain and Anxiety?

Hi, I'm a 24 year old male. I've been having sharp, cramp type pains around the left side of my chest. I get them in my upper back, neck and face sometimes as well. I've had multiple panic attacks in which i get strong heart palpitations. My blood pressure its typically a bit high. Heart rate is normally low, I exercise frequently and eat healthy. I weight 190 pounds and am 6 ft tall. I'm currently working with my cardiologist to make sure there's nothing organically wrong with me heart. I was hoping to get some second opinions. The sharp pains i get on the left side of my chest feel as if they're coming from my heart and it really worries me. I'm also apparently suffering from performance anxiety with my significant other. What type of anxiety is this and what can I do in the mean time to work on it? I'm definitely a very anxious person, but I can even get the pains when I'm in a calm and rested state. I notice when I don't sleep well the pains and feelings are worse.
1 Responses
1667242 tn?1487950547
Relaxation exercises, meditation, yoga, self-hypnosis, music, mountain walking and psychotherapy. For performance anxiety erectile dysfunction take intercourse off the menu for a while.
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.