You may add an Naturopathy treatment. MEHAN SNAN- PENIS BATH.: Stretch the foreskin of the penis and pour water on the stretched part for 15 minutes a day. Nerve endings at the tip of the foreskin will get stimulated, normalizing the nerve pathways or blood circulation. If circumsized, pat perinium with water dripping cloth for 15 minutes a day.
You may studey Kundalini yoga, Tantric sex, Taoist yoga, Kegel exercises. Anmolmehta.com is quite comprehensive web site. you may find some technique useful to you. wish you best of luck.
I have been making detailed notes, documenting and recording mine and others symptoms for about 2 months now and reading these forums, comparing everything. Here is what I have:
Can anyone relate to all or most of these points?
1. Great variations in size, texture, feeling:
- 25-50% of the time is loose, normal size
- Sometimes light-weight sorta like it has an internal sponge cake texture or filling. Has a basic structure and shape, almost 'normal.'
- Sometimes engorged with blood, very heavy, lead weight. No structure, plump, very dead-like.
- Sometimes takes on a weird 'coke bottle' shape. Like a band is restricting around the middle, while full and plump near the glans.
- Sometimes after the firm-flaccid condition 'releases' for a bit, there is itching on the left and right penile shaft. This can be a symptom of varicose vein formation.
- 50-100% of the time very firm or hard, while retracted to less than normal flaccid length.
- Varicose and/or spider veins forming.
- A 1/2" 'dimple' forming on the fatty pad of the groin, right where the shaft connects.
- A feeling of the penis being 'pulled' in.
- A 'brittle' or' shell-shocked' feeling in the penis when this has persisted for a day or two.
- Visible stress to skin, wrinkling, color spots, redness, irritation, etc.
2. A common complaint is left-side veins 'popping' out or becoming much more prominent, also sometimes accompanied by some pain. I've heard some complain of right-side issues, but I personally have not had much of an issue with that side.
3. Shorter length.
- Usually nocturnal erections are normal length, and sometimes spontaneous are normal length, but many times, especially when other symptoms are present it can be difficult to get to full-length erection...and doing so usually results in some irritation and/or pain afterward.
4. Nocturnal erections variations
- Sometimes no nocturnal erections.
- Sometimes weak nocturnal erections. Not fully rigid.
- Sometimes 'stuck' nocturnal erections that won't go down unless you get up and move around. I am plagued with this about 30-40% of nights...having to get up every couple of hours and make it go down so a priapism doesn't occur. Otherwise it's irritated the next day. I take aspirin for this to prevent inflammation or scarring.
Ok, well I have seen 2 doctors so far and am going to another after Christmas (an andrologist). I have formulated some ideas, and am looking for input or to get the message out there about this condition. Urology doesn't seem to have any diagnosis for this, but perhaps we can change that, or perhaps the field of Andrology (erection doctor) can take up the issue.
Here are my ideas:
1. Veins are not actually 'popping' out on left side, or growing larger (at least not without being compressed first). They are showing up in relief of the pressure around them - of the skin being drawn up. The veins haven't changed, the skin has been drawn tight around them...like when you take something and put in a vacuum bag and remove the air. It forms a surface that follows the contents exactly.
2. Physiological influence has greatly increased it's effects on these symptoms. Particularly the release of natural adrenaline, noradrenaline, and other psychosomatic stress hormones in the body, etc. I don't think anyone disagrees that stress and other physical exertion has a big effect on this, but in this case only makes it worse. It is not the cause of it. Stress and adrenaline are normal effects in the body, but the result of whatever caused this injury shows up now, with this as its trigger in part. Before this condition existed, it simply didn't exert change on the penis that much before, so nobody noticed it that much. I think everyone can probably relate to stress causing an erectile issue, but it is usually short-lived...not persistent.
3. Varicose or darkening (spider) veins appear when blood flow is reduced or their flow mechanism is interrupted. Veins have built-in receptors that control constriction, dilation, and flow direction.
4. Adrenaline and noradrenaline (norepinephrine) both cause smooth muscle contraction, vascular constriction, increased heart-rate, etc. Working out, getting stressed, etc. is a major contributor to this condition.
5. Abstaining from sexual activity generally improves my symptoms. I had to g around and around with this one because there was some conflicting data. Getting a full erection seems to help...especially when it has lots of time to get to that full size, like at night. However, I have also noted with regularity that ejaculation can cause an immediate onset of the firm and flaccid condition, even when it wasn't present prior to the event. Repeated ejaculation in a short time frame magnifies this.
6. The ejaculation mechanism releases noradrenaline locally to trigger orgasm, and is the reason why a man goes flaccid immediately after sex. This hormone causes smooth muscle contraction and vascular resistance. This normally fades away in a few minute to a few hours, but with this condition it persists for even a day or several days.
So, I have come to at least one conclusion...maybe not a cure, but at least some clues as to what this is occurring. Please don't take my word for it, I only offer as a suggestion and it could be wrong...however maybe it has some merit and somebody can get this condition noticed.
So far, my idea of this is that I tend to think at the heart of this is a circulation issue which leaves the penis abnormally exposed to what normally is the usual hormone function of the sympathetic nervous system and sexual function.
Pinjured_Too, I have experienced an alarming number of your symptoms. Specifically:
-Variable penis texture and weight (flaccid+firm vs. lighter-than-normal vs. almost normal, etc.).
-Occasional itching on the left and right side, near the base.
-More visible veins throughout the penis.
-Left-side vein prominence. One left-side vein is much darker than I remember, and stands out the most amongst the aforementioned prominent veins. In conjunction with this, I occasionally feel a sharp pain on the left-side of my penis that extends to a point left of my anus and within my body slightly. This pain lasts only a second or two. I have some fibrous tissue on the left side (which has been there for years), so there may be a link there.
-Penile skin texture variability. Generally, the skin on my shaft feels looser than normal (reduced elasticity) which I attributed to the abnormally firm corpora cavernosa underneath. The loose skin symptom did not present itself at the outset of this condition - it came maybe a month into it. Sometimes the skin also feels cold and clammy.
-Nocturnal erection variations.
In addition, I have these symptoms:
-Reduced sensitivity on the shaft and head, especially when in the firm+flaccid state.
-Reduced libido, which may be a side-effect rather than a cause.
-Reduced energy, depression; again, possibly side-effects.
-Colder penis temperature and lighter glans color, also when in the firm+flaccid state. When erect, or after taking a warm bath, the reddish/purple color returns to the glans.
-Hemorrhoids, which may or may not have been present when the penile symptoms started.
-Back pain in the lower-left thoracic region.
-More flatulence than usual.
-Pain in the perineum - possibly related to hemorrhoids.
This all started 2 months ago when I woke up in the middle of the night with a numb, engorged, but flaccid penis. Since then, essentially all of the symptoms have been variable, with periods where I almost felt back to normal.
Here is what I have essentially ruled out at this point, through doctor's visits and blood tests:
I had a prostate exam that was normal, but I still haven't ruled that out as a cause. I have an upcoming appointment with an osteopath, to discuss any potential link between my back and these problems (though both a chiropractor and physical therapist did not think a link was likely). I'm also planning to see a neurologist asap. I've already seen a urologist, but they didn't have a diagnosis.
I'll post as I learn more. Let me know if you figure out anything else regarding adrenal function.
I have experienced everything you are describing... and might have the answer:
1. Hard, smaller flaccid penis occasionally.
2. Bottle neck restriction in flaccid penis when cold, physically active, etc.
3. Mine is really uncomfortable, sometimes painful, especially after sex, but I don't know if that is a shared issue.
4. Indent below glans
5. Giant viens on bottom of penis, left side, and left side pain
6. When irritated / after sex or running, mine is harder and smaller, and sometimes curves leftwards at these times.
7. Erections stiffer and not as full as usual.
I am being treated for peyronie's disease. This is a formation of dumb scar tissue in the penis, usually over a number of weeks, that thinks it's supposed to keep forming and calcifying... when it isn't. Often happens on the left side, sometimes causes curvature, sometimes not. That lump could very well be the scar that's causing the trouble, and reduced circulation is caused by the scarring which can explain most of these symptoms. Do some research, let me know what you find... Hope it helps. The trouble is... it's permanent, and very difficult to fix, and very rarely goes away. Talk about depressing.
However Dr. Levine is doing some cool stuff with it, trying out new weird techniques, and it's fixable if it is important enough to you and worth the risk.
This forum is a good place for comparison:
If anyone found out this is something else...... please say so!! thanks!
Interesting thread. I'm 48 and had similar symptoms for as long as I can recall.
My problem is shrinkage that can go on for days for no good reason. I don't lose length so much as width, it becomes very thin and hard, looks ridiculous. Some days it's fine I get a nice loose hang. But often it's tight and small.
It's clear the problem is there's no bloodflow, but the question is why. I have noticed there seems to be two thing going on, not only does the internal penis shrink but the skin sometimes tightens up and I also get a sort of restriction just below the gland where it becomes even thinner. If it is in that state and I somehow manage to get an erection the tight skin remains squeezing the shaft at that point until I get a full erection and it disappears. Looks very odd. It makes me very depressed in this state. I could not possibly been seen in a locker room in this state !!
I have noticed it's much worse in the winter, so clearly cold exacerbates the problem. But even if I'm inside and the heating is up, it still happens. Also it's definitely worse morning and daytime. Just before bed is when I get a good hang and the skin loosens. That must tell us something.
I tried research but haven't discovered much. The penis like other parts of the body has alpha receptors in the smooth muscle surrounding the blood vessels. Noradenalin activates these receptors causing the blood vessels to constrict and reducing blood flow. This can be caused by anxiety. Cold and exercise also cause it, presumably by a similar mechanism ??
Like others here I thought ok lets try some alpha blockers (like Tamsulosin). Guess what , it works ! About 5 hours after taking one, I usually get a much better hang which last about 36 hours. Sometimes however it doesn't works so well, why ? I have no clue.
This is only speculation by I also wonder if by taking the alpha blockers the receptors could up regulate, effectively making them more sensitive to noradrenaline, so if you stopped taking the meds, the problem could get worse for a while.
The cause of all this , I've no idea, My guess is it is somehow related to hormones, adrenalin and noradrenalin somehow. An over sensitivity in some people perhaps. Which may explain why some people are growers and others showers. I did read somewhere that lack of sleep can cause an increase in sympathetic nervous system activity.
Hey guys, it's me again.
I can relate to most of the symptoms you've listed.
I've definitely noticed that a lot of us don't have the EXACT SAME issue and symtoms, but the symtoms that ARE common for almost everyone reporting show that there IS some common source for this issue.
In my case:
- flaccid penis in normal state is around 4 inches in length or something like that
- Often after ejaculation, the day after, the penis shrivels, becomes hard (varying in how hard) and stiff in flaccid state.
- it can shrink to like 2 inches in flaccid state. In this state I have lowered libido and must force myself to get an erection.
- when I get an erection it is only 60-90% of normal erection size and penis is very hard/stiff. What I noticed in this state is that I have an extra ring of what appears to be cartilage or something right underneath the penis head, which I never noticed there before. This ring is not there on days when everything is fine.
- If I don't have sex or masturbate for 3-6 days, penis comes back to almost 100% normal. But like you said if you ejaculate several times in a short time span, it will make the condition worse, and I might have to wait even longer for it to return to normal.
- Often after ejaculation it makes a long time for the penis to return to flaccid. The feeling is not painful at all, but still very unnormal.
- there is no specific pattern as to when I'll have the 'hard flaccid penis' condition, or how long it will last for, which is why I kept telling myself this will go away and still haven't seen a doctor. :(
- for me personaly, weather doesn't affect my condition as much as others have described, and applying heat to the 'hard flaccid' penis only helps a little bit. Also time of day doesn't have a significant impact on my condition.
Pinjured_Too, Vangaard, and scot007 thanks for your input. Let's keep narrowing this to the common source.
Although I haven't been to doctors yet, I do not have any pains, or extreme veins, so I am fairly certain that I don't have one of the major diseases that Pinjured_Too mentioned, unless it's Peyronie's disease. For me, I know for a fact, that this condition began the morning after I had taken ecstasy. I am 100% convinced of this because I found a forum with 3 other people from around the world that have reported the exact same symtoms after also taking E one night. So I know my problem was not due to physical damage to the penis. The ecstasy most likely did not cause this directly (because I've already done it before that day and after and everything was fine), but inducted this somehow.
Scot007 mentioned that lack of sleep could somehow cause (or somehow induce) this condition. I do note that I had very little sleep that week I had done E, and I'm sure many others of you chronically lack sleep as well. (This could possibly contribute to and induce hormonal imbalances or something).
Next, some people got this 'condition' by physically hurting the penis, others simply in their sleep, and yet others by taking ecstasy. If we all have very similar symptoms, then the core of the issue must be the same. It is DEFINITELY a physiological problem. It may either be Adrenaline and noradrenaline imbalances, an issue with blood circulation, or what you guys have discussed about nerves.
One poster on a different forum about the same issue said that he recommends everyone to start taking Ginkgo Balboa daily and said that it has helped him a lot.
Another poster posted: "I stopped masturbation and there is somewhat of improvement. Started taking L-arginine 3x1000 daily with Vitamin C 2x500. This helps you guys .. but the key here is to stop masturbation and lessen the sex for a year or something .. "
**** that I'm not going to quit sex for a year! Some doctor must know how to treat this! It is treatble, my penis returns to normal after several days! I don't even know where to get this Ginko Balboa and don't have money on this ****. I'm 21 years old and started seeing this cutie, and can't even bring her home because on a 'hard flaccid' day I'm not even going to want to have sex. Kinda frustrating...
Anyone else has any advice?
I've tried many supplements, nothing helped. Only the Alpha Blockers worked, of which there are several types, Tamsulosin (Flomax), Doxazosin, Terazosin and others.
I'm not in a relationships right now, but I do also dread having to strip off in front of a woman, when I do find one. I guess I'll have to take the alpha blockers or Viagra beforehand.
Doctors don't have a clue about this. I have asked several Urologists, and they just say it's normal !
Yea clearly its normal...
Hey scot, what happens when these alpha blockers wear off?
And you said: "This is only speculation by I also wonder if by taking the alpha blockers the receptors could up regulate, effectively making them more sensitive to noradrenaline, so if you stopped taking the meds, the problem could get worse for a while". Did anyone on any thread mention what happeend when they stopped taking them?
I don't know much about alpha blockers, but I'm desperate to try anything..
You can buy alpha blockers for peanuts on the net. I'm able to get them on prescription because I have a slight prostate problem. But I have bought them before on the net.
I don't use the alpha blockers all the time, I like the idea of using them when I need them. I was on them recently for a week and then 3 days ago I came off. Yesterday I was really small and tight all day long, more so than normal. I havent tested it often enough. But there might be short term extra shrinkage which will only last a day or two, then hopefully you will return to your normal state, which for me is usually half way between hanging and small and tight. But the hang I get from the pills is usually good, and you can feel your penis is warmer too with all the blood flow. If you know you have a chance with a woman take one the day before or in the morning, and avoid that embarrasing situation. May help with erections too.
There is another type of alpha blocker called Phentolamine. Google it. Not sure whether this can be bought on the net. I think it is quicker to act but has a shorter half life in the blood.
Some companies in south amercia have produced a pill for ED using this substance. Called Vasomax.
Think they may even have changed the name of Vasomax to Vigamed. I think it's quite expensive. Would be better to just get some generic Phentolamine of possible. I have never tried it.
It might be interesting for people suffering from this to take their resting pulse rate.Taken when at rest, a normal adult's pulse can be anywhere from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Mine ranges between 80 & 100. I just took it and it was 100. Right at the top of the range. Does this give any indication of adrenalin levels I wonder ??
It's also interesting that drugs like coke and Amphetamines make your penis smaller.
Been doing a little research on alpha blockers, got this info
Doxazosin - half life 22hours - peak plasma 2-3 hours
Terazosin - half life 12 hours - peak plasma 1 hour
Tamsulosin - half life 10 hours - peak plasma 5 hours
Alfuzosin - half life 10 hours - peak plasma 8 hours
Prazosin - half life 3 hours - peak plasma 3 hours
I'm no expert but this would seem to suggest that Terazosin is the fastest acting reaching peak levels in the blood after only 1 hour. And Doxazosin stays in the body longest. I have taken prolonged release Tamsulosin which does complicate the picture a bit, but one of those lasts 36 hours for me and takes several hours to notice any effect. Might try some Terazosin, if it works within the hour could be useful.
Thanks so much for the info.
I will probably try Tamsulosin or Terazosin after experimenting with a few supplements first. I just noticed though, that all these are targeted towards people with prostate problems. I am pretty sure I don't have prostate problems so you think it would be as safe and effective anyway?
My resting heart rate is around 60, but I do a lot of sports.
I've done Amphetamines a lot of times. Yes, while you're on them, your penis becomes significantly smaller and stiff. For most people this goes away a day or two after though, for me it's still the issue.
When I exercise heavy, my member also becomes smaller. I am guessing it is either because blood is taken up by the muscles or again there is a decrease in some hormone. Too bad I don't know physiology that well.
I don't really want to jump into alpha blockers right away, since they come with their side effects as well, and I don't really need to feel dizzy while working out. But hey if they work then so be it. You're right it is a great temporary solution if you want to get laid that night. But still not a cure :(
Lets say hypothetically we do figure out 100% that the problem with most of us lies in the hormones adrenalin and noradrenalin (or perheps any other hormone). What could doctors possibly do to cure this permanently? Invent some sort of pill that works like alpha blockers but with little side effects? Possibly. We should probably pursue towards that.
Also question for anyone that knows. When the penis starts to 'hang' again and comes back to normal, that is the parasympathetic nervous system at work, correct? It is telling the blood vessels in the penis to relax and dilate. I am guessing the hormones adrenalin and noradrenalin come into contact with the sympathetic/parasympathetic system as well. The parasympathetic nerves tell the body to release noradrenaline to 'relax' the penis. Is this correct? So would that mean that the noradrenaline is responsible for the restricting/dilating blood vessels, or is it the parasympathetic nerves directly?
I am trying to figure out whether the issue of poor blood flow and hormones are interconnected or not.
I guess the mechanism is complex, and without making a big study of it we'll never fully understand it.
I never get dizzy at all on the alpha blockers, I don't take a large dose. Just because you don't have any prostate problem, I don't see why they would cause any harm.
For me it seems like there's some sort of rythym to this. I get several days on the trot of shrinkage, sometimes it seems even the alpha blockers cant stop it.
I have this same "hard flaccid penis" situation. At first i had some kind of erection problems too, but they´re pretty much gone. I´ve been to 2 urologists and i had penis ultrasound done. It showed nothing unusual in my erectile tissue.
The question i want to ask is: Does anyone here experience some kind of urine retention with this? Because i do. It´s as if my penis is retracting (= hard flaccid state) and it´s affecting my urethra / spinchters too (= urine retention / not emptying completely)
The only could-be-diagnosis i´ve had is prostatitis due to the urinary problem and some tingling i´ve felt there.
I don't particularly share the kind of urine retention that you describe. However lately I noticed that I urinate more often than I used to. It may very well be that you have prostatitis, get it checked out.
The fact that urologists and ultrasound tell that nothing is wrong confirms even more that the problem is not physical, but rather lies in the hormones/ bloow circulation. In this condition, the smooth muscles of the penis are just more contracted then they should be for days. Experiment with supplements and meds mentioned above. I will also, and lets post our success over time.
I know exactly what you're talking about with the urine retention. Other symptoms that I don't see mentioned here too much include an unusual testicle hang and a kind of indent below the glans. I've been suffering from all of these (in addition to a small, tight and hard penis) for a few months now.
I can't offer much help, as nothing has seemed to work for me. However, it has recently come to my attention that Britbloke over on this thread has found a breakthrough:
Best of luck to you all.
Yeah, i have been on alpha blockers for nearly a month now due to this urinary problem but i haven´t noticed it affecting this "hard flaccid" state at all.
And i would like to add one more possible cause to this: something wrong with nerves. Pudendal nerve, for example, innervates the penis and has a big part in erectile and urinary functioning. Pudendal nerve entrapment can cause erectile dysfunction so why not this too? I´m not saying it has to be pudendal nerve entrapment but it could be Something with the nerves in the genital-pelvic-back area.
Sorry about spamming but you´ve been talking about amphetamines making penis small and stiff (the guy who started this thread had done MDMA before the symptoms occurred) and i read that amphetamines also cause urine retention. At least i have those both symptoms. I don´t know what does it mean but that´s a weird connection.
I'm from Germany so don't deal too severely with me if my words are not that clear to you ;-)
I don't want to list my symptoms because I would only repeat anything already written in here. I've read the whole thread and it was very interesting. I'm glad finding this forum - in German-speaking communities you cannot find so much about this problem. A fate which can be easily described statistically *g
Anyway....I'm not a doctor but as a natural scientist I hope I can see things in the right light. I've read so many interesting things in here. There are diets which helped person 1 perfectly but failed completely for person 2 - doctors did not find any physiological problems and so on.....
What we should concentrate on is an important fact: Our main symptoms did not evolved but appeared rapidly. This means that we can almost exclude food/lifestyle related things. In case of ED, urologists often use this information to differentiate between physical and psychological causes and I am the opinion that our problem is mostly of psychological origin. Stress and anxiety can easisly cause pelvic tension which and our symptoms are a secondary effect. Every person has got its personal psychosomatic Achilles heel and this may be ours.
Now let me explain why I think so:
In the original thread I've read things like
- "When I urinate and release the muscles it releases the retraction."
- "once i pee and is lengthens out and softens i feel fine and not panicky or worried at all"
- "Only the alpha blockers do anything for me."
I guess that 'muscle tension' is a good description for all of that.
Furthermore I will tell you my story: My physiological problems are so flamboyantly related to matters with my new girlfriend that I don't really believe that they are physiological. More exactly I have a subconcious fear of loss of her. I am convinced in that because years ago I developed a phobia which made it impossible having a relationship with a women. A psychotherapy brought my anxiety to light and the phobia was defeated.
In moments we are together and she does/says things which make me feel comfortable that I am part of her future my symptoms are better up to completely gone. This lasts the following day but come back afterwards. I hope that the symptoms will go away in a few weeks when we adapted to each other. If she would dump me, the symptoms would last 2 weeks and then they are gone I think. I know this because she did once a few months ago ;-)
Nevertheless I have an appointment at a urologist just to make sure that there is no physiological problem and to verify my hypothesis. If the problem persists I will try to learn some relaxing strategies like autogenic training, Feldenkrais of special gym to relax the pelvic base.
To condense my words, in my opinion I and some of you here suffer from chronic pelvic tension. It must not be due to psychological reasons but it may be.
That just my personal opinion. Please tell me what you think about it!
You say you have hemorrhoids? These are also related to pelvic tension! Another evidence....
I´m just talking about my case compared to your suggestion:
In my case there hasn´t been a single moment in which my penis would have been exactly as it used to be. And i´ve had this for over 6 months. It stays the same even when i´m not mentally anxious at all. I agree that my condition can be accompanied by pelvic tension but i´m not sure about it being completely caused psychological causes. Of course psychology and physiology go hand in hand (hormones, muscular tension) but if this is entirely a psychosomatic condition, the causes must be rooted very deep into subconscious mind, i think.
But of course there´s always a possibility.
Good point.....as I already suffered from a heavy phobia which completely stole 5 years of my life I am sure that it is possible, that those causes can be rooted very deep indeed. It was not my intension to define all of you to be psychopaths ;-) I just wanted to point out that to my mind the cause is most likely
1. the pelvic tension which can be heavily affected by
2. psychological issues.
You said:"It stays the same even when i´m not mentally anxious at all."
I do not FEEL anxious at all at the moment. My symptoms began exactly the day when my ex-girlfriend and I met and we noticed that there are still strong feelings and we probably should have a second try. Three days later the symptoms were gone and we did not meet each other for some weeks. Everything was like before - no pain, no hardness when flaccid but boners to plow a frozen acre with when stimulated. The symptoms reappeared exactly that day from we were a couple again. At least in my case the situation seems to be clear......