Avatar universal

Crack on Glans

About a month ago, I made a post about a horizontal crack on my glans that runs between the glans and corona.  A fellow member showed me how to give readers access to photos since we are not allowed to post them here.  I am trying again, hoping that photos will make my message clearer.

Until I was 14, my glans was smooth and the border between the glans and corona was marked by a sudden change from light purple to dark purple.  Then, overnight, a crack appeared between the glans and corona.  There was no pain or bleeding, but I was scared. I mustered the courage to ask my doctor about it and he said it was nothing to worry about, it is just the way I am and it is a normal penis-head variant, though not a common one.  Three other doctors I have asked about it over the years said much the same thing, though none of them wanted to talk about it further.  I believe their diagnoses since it has caused me no physical discomfort over the last 50 years.  I suppose other men with this feature are OK with it since they may have always been that way, but with me, it was a sudden change, so I am acutely aware of it.  What I want to know is the name of this type of crack.  If there is not a name for it, there should be, since the medical profession has names for every crease, fold and groove on the human body.  If there is no name for it, I propose calling it a "circlet" since that is the part of the crown (corona) that rest on the head (glans).  To see pictures of my glans, go to the following sites:  https://ibb.co/x2x2YsK    https://ibb.co/ft79107 and https://ibb.co/52n421v
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
207091 tn?1337709493
I don't see a crack. Do you mean the sort of ridge that's there? That's totally normal. There's not a name for it because it's just a corona.

Penises all look different. There are different curves, sizes, shapes, colors, etc. Like hands, feet, noses, and legs, no two penises are the same.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.