Dad just diagnosed with prostate cancer....

Hi, my father was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is 66 years old. He had his follow up consult yesterday and my father is leaning towards the the seed implants opposed to having the prostate removed. His gleason was a 6 and it's a t2c grade, stage, I am not all too familiar yet with the knowledge of prostate cancer. I am hoping for information and stories.
Thank you in advance!!
There are a lot of really nasty side effects to having your prostate removed, like incontinence and erectile dysfunction--sometimes the cure is even worse than the disease. I think most guys go with the seeds/radiation if that's at all a viable option. And you might also look into cyberknife radiotherapy. That's what my dad had, and he was *really* pleased with the results.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.