Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
14k Members

Do I have a genital wart or a Cyst?

-26 years old / male / sexually active (protected sex)
-8 weeks ago I woke up with one single pea / bb sized hard bump in my pubic hair region above my penis. This bump did not have a visible white spot and was slightly red, and was only painful if you tried squeezing it.
-I went to the doctors and he thought it was an ingrown hair. He tested me for genital herpes and the results came back negative after a few days. When I went back to see him for the second time he told me not to worry and see if it cleared up. I asked him if he thought it was genital warts - he said no (there was no cauliflower appearance).
-After realizing that the bump wasn't going away, I went back to the doctor and showed it to him again after 8 weeks. The bump did not change in size or appearance. However, he thought now it could possibly be a genital wart.
-He brought back liquid nitrogen and as he squeezed the bump visible liquid/pus came out. He proceeded to apply liquid nitrogen to the bump. He said the liquid could be from irritated skin around the bump.
-After 5 days the area he applied liquid nitrogen to has blistered away and healed. However, there is still a hard bump from before.
-I never thought it looked like genital warts - could it be a cyst?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.