Men's Health Community
14k Members

Do I have a genital wart or a Cyst?

-26 years old / male / sexually active (protected sex)
-8 weeks ago I woke up with one single pea / bb sized hard bump in my pubic hair region above my penis. This bump did not have a visible white spot and was slightly red, and was only painful if you tried squeezing it.
-I went to the doctors and he thought it was an ingrown hair. He tested me for genital herpes and the results came back negative after a few days. When I went back to see him for the second time he told me not to worry and see if it cleared up. I asked him if he thought it was genital warts - he said no (there was no cauliflower appearance).
-After realizing that the bump wasn't going away, I went back to the doctor and showed it to him again after 8 weeks. The bump did not change in size or appearance. However, he thought now it could possibly be a genital wart.
-He brought back liquid nitrogen and as he squeezed the bump visible liquid/pus came out. He proceeded to apply liquid nitrogen to the bump. He said the liquid could be from irritated skin around the bump.
-After 5 days the area he applied liquid nitrogen to has blistered away and healed. However, there is still a hard bump from before.
-I never thought it looked like genital warts - could it be a cyst?