Men's Health Community
14k Members

Doctor Prescribed Viagra to Help with Penis Retracting?

My husband has the penis retraction issue. I’ve seen it. He said this doc said try viagra, it might help.
Are you talking about difficulty retracting his foreskin? If so, that is known as phimosis, and Viagra sounds like a very bad idea.  Here's some basic info, including treatments: https://www.webmd.com/men/phimosis-paraphimosis Note that Viagra is NOT on that  list.  If you're asking about something else, please let us know and we'll try to help.
No, not foreskin. It just kind of disappears up inside and he says it’s uncomfortable to sit and he has to pull it out to pee. Doctor apparently said Vosges might help.
*Viagra
That sounds more like a buried penis: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16291-buried-penis.  If that's the case, I can't find any literature recommending Viagra as a treatment. Viagra is intended to assist men in getting and maintaining an erection.  It doesn't seem likely that this would be a good idea for everyday use, and it's also not intended to be used as a daily medication.

Is your husband overweight?
Somewhat overweight. 5’8 220lbs.
That can be a significant factor in this problem, so the first step that  most docs would suggest is losing weight.  My husband is the same height and 170 lbs,  and is considered average body build, so 50 lbs difference is a fair amount over ideal.  He might not need medication or surgery of any kind if he can lose weight.
Yes it might help many doctors has prescribed for these some are getting relief some are not getting the relief
Right.  Worth a try along with the other lifestyle things such as losing weight.