Men's Health Community

EXTREMELY difficult to pee.

I'm a male, age 18, and I'm having a whole lot of trouble urinating. I've had trouble with this in the past, but god, it's never been this bad. A few years ago I first noticed difficulty peeing at my ex girlfriend's house. Looking into the condition, I figured it must be paruresis. However, last year, after getting surgery (I had a pilonidal sinus removed), I found that I COULD NOT pee when I got home. I figured it must have been an after effect of the anesthesia, or perhaps a side effect of the vicodin they gave me the suppress the pain. Eventually I was able to get a stream going again, though I noticed that it was more difficult than before, and around others I still could not go, providing me with more evidence for my paruresis hypothesis. Then I went off to college, and knowing that in college, where there are people around all the time, having paruresis would not be an option, I sought help from a urologist. The urologist told me that he believed I had a narrow bladder neck, which, coupled with anxiety, was keeping me from urinating. He gave me a pill called flomax. Now that seemed to help me to urinate when I was on my own, but did nothing for my paruresis. Now just this past Monday, I noticed my symptoms suddenly got much worse. Even when I was on my own, no matter how full my bladder was, no matter how painful the pinching sensation at the base of my urethra was, I could not go without using my stomach muscles to push the urine out of my bladder (like I would push if I were constipated). Even if I could get a stream going, it was very weak, and didn't last long, I would need to use those stomach muscles to keep it going. I immediately went to my campus's health services office and told them what was up. They first assumed I had a urinary tract infection, but the test came back negative. They recommended that I up my dosage of flomax. Today has been the first day I've used the higher dose of flomax, and I have seen little -- if any improvement.

On a different note, the other day I masturbated and almost nothing came out. The urologist told me that the flomax causes retrograde ejaculation, but this was in the morning after my flomax has usually worn off (this was at a time of day when I have masturbated and ejaculated before, but no more than a little dribble oozed out. Usually when the flomax is in effect, absolutely nothing comes out). This leads me to believe that maybe there is some sort of problem with my prostate, but no matter what doctor I talk to, they all assure me that I'm too young to be having problems with my prostate. What do you guys think?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Have any of these Drs checked your prostate? If not, they should.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I did look it up and saw that it was inflammation of the prostate gland. Maybe the increase in your meds is helping. If you have anxiety it can cause all sorts of weird symptoms and problems. I have anxiety myself so I understand. Your still having a little difficulty so if this does'nt let up soon you need to get back to see your Dr.
Please or to view.