Men's Health Community

Hard lump that appears on penis only when erect

Hi, I’m nearly 20 y/o. ~6 months ago I noticed a tiny lump just beneath the skin of my penis. The location is just below the head of the penis on the right side (not on the shaft or on the top). This lump can only be seen or felt when I’m rock hard erect, I initially thought it was a vein and I haven’t ruled that out but it protrudes like a pebble (with no trail). It feels sensitive when I press on it or there is friction. It is about 5 times smaller than a pea. I don’t think it has changed at all since I noticed it.
I thought it might help to add that I am circumcised, so any theories involving a foreskin can be ruled out.
So, since it's under the skin, and not on it, that rules a bunch of things out immediately, which helps.

I'd have to think it's a vein. It's not an STD, if you have risk for that, and if it were something like cancer, you'd likely see that when you aren't erect, and you'd see changes as it grows. Since it's sensitive, you should get it checked sooner, rather than later. I don't think it's something urgent, but don't put it off.

You should confirm this with a doctor, though. Take a pic of it to show your doc, and get an exam.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Will do, thank you for taking the time to answer and for your reassurance.