Men's Health Community
13k Members

How can I stop my urinal incontinence?

I've had urinal incontinence for 7 days. When I visited a GP he prescribed my Ibilex, took a urine sample and told me to stop masturbating. I went back 3 days later, still experiencing leaking, to receive the results from my urine test. The GP said I had no abnormalities and my urine was of a normal standard. Following this he looked at my penis and then prescribed me an antifungal cream to put on the gland of my penis, which I have started using today. As of now the antibiotics do not seem to be stopping or reducing the leaking and I feel a very dull pain in my hypogastric region (I really only feel it if I move in a certain way or press down on the region).

In the early stages I noticed a strong odour from my urine which has now reduced. I'm 18 and have not had sexual intercourse. I have also had cystitis in the past and have been told by my mother that weak bladders run our inherent in the family (but usually experienced by women). I've also started taking cranberry tablets/juice as well as increasing my probiotic intake (yoghurt and yakult).

The incontinence is at its worst after going to the toilet. I also feel the need to urinate coming from my penis rather than the bladder (I know its not full and it doesn't feel full).

Could my incontinence stem from a UTI or is it from a problem with my bladder/urethra?