Men's Health Community

Infection in pereneum now some sweliing

57 yo male.... I have had a semi hard 1inch long maybe about 1/4 inch wide piece of what feels like cartilage or lipoma under the skin of my pereneum for about a year or longer,  and as of last Friday night has gotten infected and swollen.
It is very tender and not comfortable walking and sitting...even at night laying down it is painful when I change positions.... what may this be and what type doctor should I see??? for infection/pain and maybe removal of this thing??
Hi -

I'm sorry no one has responded before now. I think any doctor will be able to help with this - you may need an antibiotic to start with, and then a referral to a urologist. Just to go an urgent care or something where you can be seen as soon as possible, and get started on treatment. They'll help you from there.

Let us know what this is, and how you're doing.
Surgery to remove lipoma is not complicated. The surgeon usually makes a small cut on the skin and then squeezes out the lipoma. The patient can return home in one day without hospitalization.