Avatar universal

Inflamed meatus - altered sensation on head of penis.

27 y/o male here. Started having some pain on head of my penis (specifically meatus) around 4-6 weeks ago. The opening of my urethra will become very red/irritated, this usually presents with during work or after a workout. It will cause time to constantly “readjust” myself in order to get more comfortable. I notice minor stinging when I pee when it’s inflamed, as well as even minor stinging with masturbation (which I haven’t done often because the irritation). I’ve also noticed the whole head of my penis has seemed more “sticky” lately, like I’m always very sweaty (even after showers). I have been working in a COVID unit the past two months (full PPE) so I’ve noticed I’ve sweat a LOT more lately and essentially go from sweating at work > working out right after. I don’t know if this could be a cause, but I thought it might worth noting. Any advice would be helpful! I don’t know if it’s allowed, but I posted a link to a picture I took today. Today was pretty painful as far as sensitivity/inflammation throughout work.

1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
207091 tn?1337709493
This could be an infection in your urethra, prostatitis, a urinary tract infection, maybe even dehydration.

You really need to see a doctor for some testing and a digital rectal exam. It sounds like you're really busy, but you need to make some time for this. You don't mention what your sexual risks are, but it could also be an STD, like chlamydia, gonorrhea or NGU.

Don't put this off too long. An untreated infection will only get worse.

And thanks for what you're doing. You're helping a lot of people.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for the response.

Yeah I was really thinking that might be the next step. Would you recommend a urologist over like a care now for something like this?

Haven’t been sexually active since February and only have had one partner  whom is also STD free.

Thank you, that means a lot!
I think you can start with whoever can see you first, to at least rule out a UTI and the basics. If that's an urgent care, that's fine. If those all come back fine, or you don't respond to treatment, then you can see a urologist.

Good luck, and keep us posted. :)
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.