Men's Health Community

Is it normal for only half of the Adam’s Apple to mature?

Hello all, I created this account to see if it is normal for only one side of the Adam’s Apple to project forward while the other side is completely flat against the larynx. The two sides have also not yet formed together, and as I am 20 I am getting a little bit concerned. All of the research I have done says it should be fused together by now. No pain or discomfort whatsoever, just only half of the Adams Apple has formed. I can’t find any information on this particular issue and as I’m currently in college I cannot easily contact my primary care doctor. I apologize for writing so much, but I am genuinely stumped. Any questions are welcome. Thank you for your time!
Normal? Hard to say, but it's not a cause for concern in the absence of other symptoms.  If you have had an otherwise normal puberty (hair growth, changing voice, etc.) then it's likely to just be one of those differences that just happens.  You've probably read all about it, since you made it here, but I thought this article, while not scientific, was interesting: https://www.manscaped.com/blogs/news/why-do-men-have-an-adams-apple-and-what-does-it-do

Spoiler alert:  It doesn't do much at all.  Since it's related to the growth of your larynx, that would be the only concern, but you would have symptoms of laryngeal issues that would eclipse your concerns about your Adam's apple.