Is the urethra naturally wet?

Good morning guys.

First time posting here but I have developed this kinda habit of squeezing my penis when I wake up.  Sort of from the bottom of the shaft, pressing up and pushing till my fingers reach the glans.  Sometimes I notice a sort of transparent liquid, which reaches the urethra opening.  

Hence my question - is the inside of the urethra naturally wet and am I moving this sort of wetness up till the urethral opening?

Thanks guys!
Yes.  When you wake up you probably need to pee, so there's stuff in there.  Frankly, there's always stuff in there, it's not a dry zone.  This also sounds like you're playing with yourself a little, and of course when you stimulate it that can also produce some wet stuff.
Thanks for your answer Paxiled - need to lay off from squeezing too much.

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community