Itchy Bum! Help!

I have had an itchy anus over the past three days and it's very frustrating. I shaved my bottom last week and a few days later have had this itching/crawling sensation around my anus.

Whilst I would put this down to the shaving, it does feel different to the other time I shaved. It's not a prickly feeling, it's a crawling feeling and the skin around the anus does look inflamed/swollen to a degree.

Although I can't see evidence of hemarrhoids myself directly,I have been going to the toilet somewhat regularly and the other day I felt something move slightly out of my anus when walking - I got home and saw no evidence of anything though - could have been a phantom stool?

I am worried about going to my doctor and them telling me it's only itching from the shave.

What shall I do?
I had a similar problem several years ago.  I went to the doctor who examined my anus.  He said that it looked like a fungus.  He gave me medication to apply for several days.  The fungus and the itchy feeling went away.
It could be a possible infection from shaving. do you change out your razors often? if not then a lot of bacteria grows on the razor and it could have gotten into a little tiny nick/cut and caused a problem, if you're worried and this is still going on i would definitely get looked at. If it is going on over 7 days, i wouldn't take this lightly, despite the embarrassment. they are trained professionals and will not flame you for your worries. don't be so hard on yourself. Take care and hope this get's sorted soon! Sincerely, Elizabeth
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.