Men's Health Community

Left Testicle/Lower Abdominal Pain

Hi I am a 23 year old male who's recently developed testicle pain. For the past week or so I have experienced pain in my left testicle after lying down for a long period of time. After standing up and walking around the pain noticebly improves. In the last few days I have noticed the pain starting to radiate to my lower left abdomin. I dont seem to have any lumps on my testicles. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I experienced dull pain in my both testicles and in a lower abdomen. I went to see a doctor and told me it's a UTI and prescribed some anti biotics. However, after 3 weeks it did not help. I did the ultra sound and all blood and urine test, they came up clean. In my case, pain is stronger when I sit, I do not have any problems when I walk or when I'm running. Any advice people? Please if you have something similar, this is driving me nuts!!!!
Gilmores groin and trapped illioinguinal nerve causes this
You may have gilmore's groin or trapped ilioinguinal nerve.
Wow guys, I have finally found people with the exact symptoms as me. I thought I was the only one.

I am 25 and have had this left testicle/left abdomen pain for about 3-4 years now. I have had very physically hard jobs in my life such as landscaping and cellar work and i never lifted correctly and I am a keen walker.

I hike alot and when travelling overseas I walked everywhwere and would get a pain that is like somone kicked me in the left nut. It was crippling but after a while would go away. I even remember a camel safari in INdia that went for hours. It was extremely painful, my testicles being slammed by the camel over and over and then the guy said lets make it run...sweet jesus that was the most painful experience in my life, but none of the other guys were experiencing this problem so I kept quiet.

Thats my brief background that could explain some of the symtpoms but I can't remember exactly when this started. Recently I have to quit my warehousing job because I was in too much pain, now I want a deskjob so that I don't have to experience it...only it still happens, which is starting to depress me because I don't want to live with this pain.

Over a year ago I decided to do something about it. I started by going to a GP and I was sent to have blood and urine pathology tested...nothing, all clear. Then I was sent for ultrasound and x-rays...absolutely nothing, all clear. Then I was sent to a gastro specialist and was sent for CT scan and Nuclear Bone Scan...nothing, all clear. Finally, I was sent for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy (honestly guys the prep is worse than the procedure, don't be afraid of getting it to diagnose problems), anyway that came back all clear. After all this my specialist said there is nothing more he can do and that I shouldn't come back, maybe he thought I was faking it.

Now I have been sent to a rheumatologist, haven't gone yet because it costs a bucket load of cash...and after all this testing I am starting to run out of cash and tolerance. I just want a diagnosis so I can't start treating this thing and not have to live in pain. I have been poked prodded, intruded and probed and I don't have an answer.

Which specialist can I go to to maybe be diagnosed with this Nutcracker syndrome?

Good luck to all you guys out there, I really hope you find the answers you are looking for. And for those guys who said they have lumps on their testicles....go and get them biopsied immediately! seriously a lump is not a good sign and can be only a number of things....none of them good, so please go see your doctor and demand a biopsy, time is essential.

Take care all
Please or to view.
HI!

I too have had the same on and off symptoms.  I've had mine for about a year until I (seemed) to have found the cause.  First, I need to probably qualify myself a bit here, as I am also a physician myself.  So, have a bit deeper understanding of the human body... though my area of expertise is not exactly this... but I digress.

In short, I have a reaction to coffee.  I am fairly confident that I have a food intolerance to coffee (and to a smaller degree, other roasted bean foods.. i.e. chocolate).  

Since I stopped the coffee, the symptoms have been LOTS better, and slowly improving.  

Food intolerances can be to anything, due to "leaky gut" syndrome.  There are specific diets to follow to determine what you are "allergic" to.  (Allergic isn't such an accurate term for this, as an allergy can be potentially deadly... think allergy to bees, but in common terms, an allergy is a good way to think of it.)
I'm 14, 5'5 135 pounds but very muscular. im a wrestler and sometime wrestle for highschool teams. one day when I was At my girlfriends house her dog jumped up on the couch right onto my left testicle cooincidently. went to A car show on main street and spent most Of the day walking Around And in an antique store with old jewelry with her. then the pain was excruciating And I almost threw up everything inside of me. that was 2 weeks ago, and now I have A hard time sitting somewhere or laying down for over 5 minutes. Bones ache and feel like throwing up all the time. I got tested, no lymes disease or diabetes. I'm growing fast, could that just be it? somebody with some kind of idea, please help
Hi all,

Just to follow up on my previous post. I've still got my symptoms - generally a dull ache and some minor pain, which seems to be aggravated by activity. There's also an area around the tubing that seems to be the source of the pain, but nothing is showing up on the scans - I've had a second one recently which didn't show anything.

I've tried some nerve blockers - the idea being that they block out any pain, and they were awful! They literally put me to sleep and I couldn't' function, so I stopped taken them. They also didn't help with the symptoms I had for the week I did take them.

So the doctors can't really do anything else for me now, and are just saying it's some kind of muscle / ligament injury that will hopefully heal with time.

I've had it for nearly a year now, so I'm not thinking it's going to go away any time soon, seems like I might just have to life with it.

Hope others have found some relieve.

Nick
I've had pain on my RIGHT testicle, deep, dull pain.
It developed after rigorous exercise.
It has been like this for at least a good one month or more.
At first it was accompanied with lower abdominal pain.
Then constipation and occasional lower back spasm.

Noticed my right testicle is slightly larger than usual, not sure what it is.
It developed after rigorous exercise.

hey im 14, this is exacally whats happening to me, where should i movemy testicle it to relieve the pain ?
Please or to view.
Ya I'm 30 and I have this pain in my lower left abb and my lower back and when I get this pain if i dont sit down for just a few minutes my left nut go's so far back up into me it feels like my nut is going to pop right off the cord . and if I have to continue to stand even threw the pain my abb starts to feel as if its tearing and it makes my left leg go numb and I double over in pain . Does anyone else have this problem?
Please or to view.
what about the girlfriends?do they have any probelms?discharge,uti"s,or bv?im having the same pain,all std test are clean,i think its a virus.most of the men where i work have this same probelm.NO doctor can tell me anything i have seen them all.what about a weird cough at night?anyone have one?
this might help i live in oklahoma city,it might be in the water?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have very similar symptoms to you (for a year now).

Initially started out as a dull ache, but along with that I have lower-right abdomen ache, which gets worse during some activity.

There's also a very annoying pain when I press on the right side of the pubic bone - remains tender for a while after, but I don't notice this much unless I'm at the doctors and they prod it :) I suspect it's referring pain and causing the aches.

Thankfully going for an MRI soon, but no doubt it will come back negative.

The most success I've had has been with a sports-injury clinic. The guy there ruled out many things, and thinks I have a sports-hernia (or the start of one). To me this makes the most sense.

I think sports-clinics as well as chiropractors and osteopaths is the way to go :)
Also, with regards to what can cause the pelvic issue in the first place, my sports injury guy said a lot is todo with posture.

I have an office job, so am seated for much of the day. We aren't designed to be seated for such long periods essentially...

If it is related to posture, then it's just a case of being conscious about how you are seated (no funny angles, no hunching over/slouching too much etc), and of course taking regular breaks out of your seat.

I've also purchased a gym-ball and find stretching sometimes helps - I'll use it to improve my core stability, but to be honest I'm not sure whether I'll make the problem worse or not.

Please or to view.
Update:
Chiropractic adjustment of my pelvic bones (sacrum) instantly relieved all pressure/pain/discomfort while sitting. I have been drinking cranberry juice (organic, 100% juice, no added sweeteners) for the last week and the testicle discomfort is nearly gone. 9 days without using any energy drink and I'm 90% there guys! Even 1/2 cup of coffee increased my body temperature and the skin itchyness started to return while sitting. 99% sure I have a caffeine allergy.
Ditch the caffeine for 2 weeks and use cranberry juice or a mild antibiotic to rid yourself of the infection that is sitting in your seminal tube.
Please or to view.
Guy's I have the same symptoms you are all describing but It's my right Testicle that seems to be feeling heavier and the cord seems to be having a dull but shooting/stretching sensation. It sit's higher than my left and might even have a scrotolith on it near the cord. I noticed it when I first started riding a bike to work a year ago. A year prior to that I got my back checked out by a chick at a healthfood store with a machine that measured each individual vertibrae through a computer. The disc that sits directly above my pelvic bone was off, the muscles on the right side were pulling and my left side was over compensating. i'm pretty sure this is the disc that's connected to this area but not 100% positive because I'm not a doctor. I got checked for the std's and everything came back neg. I'm 28 n have been working out n playing sports since I was 5. The thing that made the most sense as to why the dull pain in this area is on the right side is because I was a right handed pitcher all my life from LL to Professional baseball. My whole right side of my body is completely jacked up. 3 vertibrae out of allignment one in my neck, behind my shoulder and in my lower back. The pelvic re-adjustment sounds like a good thing so I'll have that done n let you guys know what happens after that. BTW the place that did this diagnostic body/spinal exam was a intern @ chiropratorincostamesa.com...Havent gone in though because i'm broke
Ok,

It's been 1 year since my symptoms started, and literally within the same month a year on, they are gone.

Symptoms (as I wrote above) were a dull ache, and a pain on the pubic bone (both on right side).

3 weeks prior to the symptoms going I did these things

1) Started swimming once or twice a week.
2) Brought a swiss/gym ball and started doing core exercises.

I have no idea whether this was the solution, or it's just timing.

My MRI scan has showed up something called osteonecrosis (completely unexpected), which can be caused by scar tissue (i.e. healing).

Hence my thinking is that these exercises did initiate some healing, but have actually led to this new condition.

Anyway, fighting that now, but the annoying initial dull ache/pubic pain is gone!

Hey

I have a pain in my left testicle when I drive or lye in bed. Not a crippling pain. But it's noticeable! Any help is much appreciated??
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Iam 42 yrs have that annoying not pain but discomfort sometimes makes me walk with my legs open to ease the discomfort around my left testicle
i am only 13 and whenever i touch my left testicle it makes my lower left abdomen and both of my testicles but i think mine is more severe than that because i have only had it for less than a week and i cant go to school or play any sports please help!
I have pain in my left testical and left lower abdomin, any Idea? This hurts and I'm tired of bad Doctors telling me I strained something!
Hi there,

Your kidney pain could be a result of the vitamins and boosters you're taking. These are all filtered through the kidneys. Stop taking all the supplements for a week or 10 days and see if the kidney pain clears up.
Please or to view.
Have the same prob went to eurologist said it was that epididymis infection. Apparently if pain is there then its not cancer or tumor? I had an intra Venus shot of antibiotics yesterday and on doxicyclin anti biodics, and Norman panadiene for the pain I'll update in 2 weeks time to adv of outcome
i am 30 and i have had the same problum mine started when i was 22 and ive seen every doc i could thank of i had one doc say it is a infection  in my didamitus glan went throw all my meds and stell have the sam problum no one seems to know what is going on but resintly iv got a lump on my left lower abdominal area and it hurts bad with the filling of throwing up cinda worryed if u no any thing abought this please tet us know
Interesting, I play a lot of disc golf and this is happening to me.  It seems like sometimes the glands up into the abdomen region also hurt, but the most scary part is the shrinkage of the testicle.  I have HPV as well, and have seen pre cancerous growths in my throat.  I believe I have a high risk strain.  I know it has moved through my sexual systems, so I have been concerned that the HPV is linked to the oddities in my left testicle.  The pain is always dull, even in my lymph nodes, and only on the left side.  I will certainly be trying a jock strap in the future though although I never suspected this was being cause by them flopping during disc golf.  If that was the case, why only one side, and why the lymph nodes above?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Were any of you guys on the medication Paxil or any other anti depression med? If so, did this start when you discontinued using that drug?
Have any of you been sexually abused?