Low Testosterone

So I went to my Endo recently and I was explaining a few symptoms to him (fatigue, high blood pressure, general weakness and feeling crappy), and he decided to test a few hormones. My Testosterone Serum was 251 ng/dL, and the range listed is 348-1197. There's nothing wrong with my testicles so he's saying it's Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism, which is just a fancy way of saying something besides your testes is causing the low testosterone.

I'm only 33 years old and he said this number is awfully low for someone of my age. My BMI is about 30% and I don't exercise that much, so I'm sure that's contributing it to it, but does anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure I want to start taking the testosterone because once you start, you can't stop. But if the testosterone increase will make me healthier again, I'm going to be more willing to do it.
    You may need to do more tests to find out the cause for your low T, like problems with circulatory system, liver health etc. Direct T replacement may not be desirable. A visit to a general physician may be helpful.

Solace

That is a low testosterone for someone aged 33 and those symptoms are consistent with your physicians diagnosis of hypogonadism (http://www.hormonetherapeutics.com/symptoms-of-low-testosterone/hypogonadism/).  There are a number of different reasons why someone would be siffering from primary or secondary hypogonadism as we discuss so it would be important to look at all of your hormones as well as understand your symptoms and medical history better.  Replacing your low testosterone levels could make you feel better but I would be more interested in diagnosing what is happening to cause these levels and treat the underlying issue.

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community