A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.4k Members

Low Testosterone

Hello,

I am 30 years old, Male, 6ft4 and weight 220lbs. I have a bodyfat percentage of about 18%.

I have long suspected that I suffer from low testosterone, partly due to very poor muscle gains despite working very hard, but mainly because I have suffered from low mood, low energy and low libido for years.

I have had 3 blood tests done over 2 years and all 3 tests came back with a testosterone result of around 11 nmol / 320 Ng/dl.

But my UK NHS doctor thought that level was fine and wasn’t that helpful. But I am not convinced.

But to be fair, i didn’t discuss my symptoms and was mainly there for another reason and just requested a blood test.

Do you think that I should go back and have a proper discussion? Is my testosterone level low?

Thanks
2 Responses
20620809 tn?1504366569
Hard to say what is going on. To be honest, your testosterone level is inside of normal.  Normal levels are 280 to 1,100 ng/dl's.  You are sort of on the low end but not below.  Let me ask you about this --  could you have a low level of depression?

I always think a second opinion makes sense when you have a worry.  So, in this case, I'd consider it. and yes, mention your symptoms.

Here is some information on increasing testosterone naturally.  https://www.webmd.com/men/features/can-you-boost-testosterone-naturally#1  I've also heard eating protein, carb and essential fatty acids can help increase levels.

I know that isn't much help.  But it's a start.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Have an Answer?
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1530732573
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.