Men's Health Community

Low Testosterone

I am 30 years old, Male, 6ft4 and weight 220lbs. I have a bodyfat percentage of about 18%.

I have long suspected that I suffer from low testosterone, partly due to very poor muscle gains despite working very hard, but mainly because I have suffered from low mood, low energy and low libido for years.

I have had 3 blood tests done over 2 years and all 3 tests came back with a testosterone result of around 11 nmol / 320 Ng/dl.

But my UK NHS doctor thought that level was fine and wasn’t that helpful. But I am not convinced.

But to be fair, i didn’t discuss my symptoms and was mainly there for another reason and just requested a blood test.

Do you think that I should go back and have a proper discussion? Is my testosterone level low?

Hard to say what is going on. To be honest, your testosterone level is inside of normal.  Normal levels are 280 to 1,100 ng/dl's.  You are sort of on the low end but not below.  Let me ask you about this --  could you have a low level of depression?

I always think a second opinion makes sense when you have a worry.  So, in this case, I'd consider it. and yes, mention your symptoms.

Here is some information on increasing testosterone naturally.  https://www.webmd.com/men/features/can-you-boost-testosterone-naturally#1  I've also heard eating protein, carb and essential fatty acids can help increase levels.

I know that isn't much help.  But it's a start.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.