Men's Health Community

Lump

Hi all, i am a 27 year old male and i have found a lump under my left armpit it feel big and sore what could it be, cancer is very high in my family my mam died aged 62 from cancer and my father is fighting it at the mine, what could it be?
It is impossible to speculate. I urge you to see a physician as soon as possible.
You are right to be concerned. The commonest cancer in people like you is Hodgkin's Disease, which is highly curable. There's also the possibility of breast cancer. Guys can have it as well as women. Have you noticed any changes around your left nipple or a nipple discharge? If so you should see a doctor right away. When I was 24 years old I noticed that if I pressed my right nipple between my fingers drops of a clear fluid would pop out on the tip. Following the advice of my doctor I had my breast removed because the doc said it could be a precancerous condition. At first I hated not having a nipple on my right pec and I got a silicone prosthetic nipple which looked a lot like my real one. Good luck to you.