Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.7k Members

Lump

Hi all, i am a 27 year old male and i have found a lump under my left armpit it feel big and sore what could it be, cancer is very high in my family my mam died aged 62 from cancer and my father is fighting it at the mine, what could it be?
2 Responses
144586 tn?1284666164
It is impossible to speculate. I urge you to see a physician as soon as possible.
You are right to be concerned. The commonest cancer in people like you is Hodgkin's Disease, which is highly curable. There's also the possibility of breast cancer. Guys can have it as well as women. Have you noticed any changes around your left nipple or a nipple discharge? If so you should see a doctor right away. When I was 24 years old I noticed that if I pressed my right nipple between my fingers drops of a clear fluid would pop out on the tip. Following the advice of my doctor I had my breast removed because the doc said it could be a precancerous condition. At first I hated not having a nipple on my right pec and I got a silicone prosthetic nipple which looked a lot like my real one. Good luck to you.
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.