Men's Health Community

Men's Health

I am 70 years old. Can I take Antioxidants Capsules (Vitamin A,C,E along with Omega3) regularly?
   By all meanns, yes. As you age, taking balanced food is all the more important. But, the trouble with supplements is that you can overdose very esily, unless used judiciously or prescribed by a doctor. For instance, Viatmin A  and E are easily available from our daily food and being fat soluble, they get stored in our tissues and overdosing is very easy. I do not know, why the Companies are packing such easily availble vitamins along with some other difficult to get nutrients like zinc, omega3 or B12. So, while taking supplements, always do consult the doctor. Alternatively, get the vitamins and nutrients from the dialy food or natural inputs, for example, wheat grass, etc.
Solace      
Thank you very much for your comments. As you rightly said, I will consult my doctor.