Men's Health Community

Mucus that keeps coagulating in back of throat

For a long time now, I've had this postnasal drip, sometimes worse and sometimes not noticeable. It's not seasonal, more like constant, all year. The mucus accumulates in the back of the throat behind the uvula in the oropharynx and creates a pad like scab. I can feel it every day and I have created an addiction to trying to remove it. It feels like there is something stuck in the back of my throat, or I can feel mucus dripping (it's especially bad after I eat, gets really annoying). Throughout the day i make this squeaking noise by creating a vacuum in my mouth and pulling in from the nasal passage. It's really annoying and other people can here it and have commented on it.

I have never had strep throat or anything like that, nor have I been diagnosed with any nasal problems, but then again I've never had it looked at. I'm just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this problem so I can go into the doctor with specific questions or suggestions, etc.
Thanks for the help for those that decide to answer.
Sorry, I can't help you unless by saying "I have the same problem" makes you feel better. In my case it is especially annoying at night - it keeps me awake by having to swallow all the time. During the day I just ignore it.
Yeah, if it's bad at night, it keeps me from getting to sleep, but other than that, i can ignore it during the night.
During the day it's just annoying, constant **** to deal with.

There could be different reasons, ranging from just being a normal case, to allergy from food, environment or, an infection of Ear,Nose or Throat. Read the following article for more details :

http://www.entassociates.com/post_nasal_drip.htm

Consult an ENT doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Solace